Wednesday 10 April 2024

Percy, Cinnamon, spring flowers

 Yes, we won and the appeal was denied for the gun range. The bad news is that the landowner told staff he would appeal the Ontario Land Tribunal decision. It's not over. You can read what we went through to prevent this in our backyard. Too bad the township can't recover costs from all this litigation. Our tax dollars at work. 

Back to real life. We continue to monitor Percy and his two pond mates. He is a sitting duck, you see.  


I tossed in the cedar logs to give him some protection. The pond temperature rose from 2 ℃ to about 4 ℃, the last time I took it.  By the end of the day, Percy followed the sun in the pond, he was a bit more active. 


Percy & Cinnamon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The Scilla luciliae is blooming on the lawn. It is scattered, and looks so pretty. However, you know how short a time spring flowers last!


Actual crocus! 



This tree has two interesting galls in the trunk.

We had a lovely walk. 

The lawn is greening up. I've uncovered the water fountain. Next project: clean and fill it. 

My client cancelled on Tuesday, I took the opportunity to do a bit more outdoor work. Our temperature rose to 24 ℃ by late afternoon. 


We had the bunny out front, and Fred groundhog out back. Busy times. 
 

The phoebe pair are choosing a nest site.

I've no idea what they were doing overhead, but I ran out back to watch it. 


Easier said than done!


This morning, I played around with a panoramic photo. I'll get better with practice, I suppose! 


A moment later, I tried again. 

14 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Spring! Sproing! It's here! (At least till it's not, again.) Hello to your critter family. Liked the panoramas! Nice start, maybe at end of day? or could have been sunrise I guess.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yep, sunrise...you said morning. I had to go back to read that.

Aritha V. said...

Oh, I love your spring flowers so much. In my language, they're called 'sneeuwroem' and they bloom in a botanical garden, half an hour's bike ride from here. I find them even prettier than snowdrops, just because I love blue. Well, I just wanted to say that I enjoyed your blog and all the animals you share. Good luck cleaning the beautiful fountain!"

Groetjes,
Aritha

tz_garden said...

THAT BUNNY SHOT, hahahaha! How fantastic, and I always love to see what Cinnamon is doing.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You stay busy.

We get the occasional military helicopter or jet over south Tulsa and invariably some idiot on NextDoor will post "Does anybody know why the helicopter was flying over town yesterday? And sometimes I just can't help myself and post back Yes, definitely somebody knows what they were doing.

Nancy J said...

Super Panorama and spring has arrived at your home.

RedPat said...

It is so nice to see the flowers popping open. It really got warm at your place!

Elephant's Child said...

Your maximum temperatures are above ours at the moment, though your minimum is a bit lower.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a lovely post today, as I sit in yet another rain squall with big wind...sigh... this trip has definitely been on the damp side - but not a squib, not by a long shot! YAM xx

DeniseinVA said...

Good news on the gun range, except for the fact that he’s going to appeal. He doesn’t seem to want to give up does he, more’s the pity? I hope Percy and his pals stay safe. Your Scilla luciliae and Crocus looks real pretty. I also wish the spring flowers lasted longer. It looks like spring has finally arrived at your place. Love your wooden herons, and the photos of the bunny retreating and your groundhog out back. Always enjoyable reading about your wildlife. Interesting flight patterns. Your panoramic photos were really nice. I still need practice on mine! And on that note I'll wish you a very happy Wednesday.

DrumMajor said...

I'd be a scared Percy with that big cat leering over into the pond. The airplane tracking looks like training, or looking for a human. Linda in Kansas

eileeninmd said...

Love the flowers and that cute bunny running!
Take care, have a great day!

The Furry Gnome said...

I like that panoramic photo.

Val Ewing said...

While doing a master naturalist class a few years ago, we had to go study our river and the ponds near the river. I loved watching the different pond creatures and trying to figure out what they were.

Our instructor asked us to draw them and I photographed them and then printed the photos and put them in our journals. I cannot draw!

Spring is so full of hope.