Thursday 4 April 2024

Deconstructing an old cupboard

We worked hard Saturday. When I asked Aster (formerly known as Isabelle)  if she wanted to help me bash apart a cupboard, she was eager! 

We took apart the storage cupboard I have had from my parents. Grampa and I will have a dump run this week. 

Isabelle Aster had a blast. 



On Monday I took the nails out of the cupboard. I think they are older than I am. My client thinks they date back to 1900 and are forged nails. Way cool!
 

There are videos. Josephine joined us after she'd had breakfast. She appears in video #4.
Video #1 lasted 5 minutes, which was too long. I sped it up to show it in double time! 



#3
 

Deconstruction part 4 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀 🥀


🏸  We had a quick FaceTime with our poor wilted flower, Aster! 

Aster was hit in the face with a badminton racket on Tuesday. She is showing signs of concussion. The school sent her home with concussion handout on protocols and instructions not to come back until symptoms are gone. 



 We sent her some flowers and chocolates. 
This is what she ended up with.
Accidentally, I sent two bears! She is worth it! 

☔ In the meantime, we had 14mm rain, and 5 cm snow, so far, in the past 24 hours. Our power went out, but came back at 3 a.m.
Snow continues to fall. 
More on this tomorrow!

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Loved the speeded up deconstruction work! And now you've taught proper grip of a mallet (maybe it has another name for deconstruction). Sorry Aster got hit, and the two bears are definitely a good gifts! Snow, elec. out? Nooooo!

Anvilcloud said...

I hope all is well. How do you like the weather this morning?

RedPat said...

She must have been really hit with that racket. Poor kid.

Nancy J said...

Aster, I wonder why the name change? Pulling the cabinet to bits looked like hard work, even the small sledge hammer struggled.That saw, it's so handy !!!

Elephant's Child said...

It seems to me that you are always busy. And productive.

Val Ewing said...

Taking a mallet to things is always a great stress reliever too!

Looks like it was fun!
Those nails do look forged.

I liked the doors on the cabinet, they would have looked nice repurposed. Though I have no clue what they could be used for. I like old things like that, the appeal to me.

Fun videos. Now I want to go and smash something!

Hope your weather straightened out and hope Aster feels better. Wow I was was wacked in the head once with a bat -- by accident. No fun.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

You guys having too much fun.

My dad, child of the depression that he was always salvaged and straightened nails to use them again. That was always miserable duty for my brother and I.

Red said...

A hit in the face with badminton racquet is serious. I hope the concussion does leave any damage.

tz_garden said...

What a fun project to do together, love all the smiles.

I sure hope Aster is feeling better, and the bears helped with that.