Sunday 21 April 2024

Topsy Farms

One of the nicest places to go birding has been Amherst Island. The snowy owls are amazing. I like to visit Topsy Farm. We've bought a few presents there.

 

I've even ordered felting kits from them.

It is an amazing sheep farm, which used to be a co-operative, AKA Hippie Commune, in the 70s. 




Sally contracted long Lyme Disease years ago. She continues to live a good life. Husband Ian had a heart attack, and now is managing prostate cancer, which is palliative.  He is doing MAiD in the next week.

In the meantime, they are doing a fundraiser to pay off the mortgage before he dies. This is his one regret, that it isn't paid off.  









 

6 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

I am a definite proponent of MAID, but it is still a sad thing.

Karen said...

My heart is aching for Sally and Ian and the boys. They are a wonderful family. I've been following the Topsy family for many years. I have a great stockpile of their yarn in my stash. Maybe this year we will get to visit.

Elephant's Child said...

So very sad. But how wonderful that MaID is an option which it isn't yet here.

Patio Postcards said...

I also follow Topsy Farms on other forms of social media. I'm sending lots of positive thoughts for an easy journey to Ian's next adventure.

DeniseinVA said...

How very, very sad. Heartbreaking!

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

I had to go and look up what MaID stood for sure because I hadn't heard the acronym. It turned out I had guessed correctly. I heartily support it. (The State of Oregon has a similar law). Ian and Sally at Topsy Farms have made the right choice, but of course it is still heartbreaking for them and all their friends and loved ones. What a lovely place it is.