Friday 19 April 2024

Conspiracy theories, scams and cat's breakfast

Our former MPP is still on the warpath. They are having meetings to spread conspiracy theories.

 I am having fun reading weirdo conspiracy theories. OK, not FUN per se, but you do want to know what they are promoting. These guys (Jim and Eddie, below) are perfect examples. It is BS, of course. I've had two clients use MAiD, end-of-life was close. They were eased to the end with the knowledge that they were ready to go. They don't allow children to be part of this program. But you want to know what they are saying in order rebut.

I imagine that since these conspiracy theorists will twist the truth, they believe that our government staff and elected politicians will lie, as well. They profess FREEDOM, but apparently that doesn't include the rest of us!


The government has provided reports and data, as well as the actual protocols that must be followed. This chart shows that the deaths in Canada by MAiD in 2022 was 13,241. Another chart shows that only people over age 18 have used MAiD. These are the eligibility requirements for using MAiD:

πŸ’Έ πŸ’° πŸ€‘ πŸ’Έ πŸ’° πŸ€‘ πŸ’Έ πŸ’° πŸ€‘ πŸ’Έ πŸ’° πŸ€‘

πŸ’°The good guys won! You really have to be on your toes. They arrested 14 people in Montreal (read: 'The Mob'), who have scammed grandparents out of $739,000 (it has been upped to $2.2 million). 

This is a perfect example of a scam. I had a text that was bogus. You really do have to think about this. Canada Post, as JB pointed out, would include both official languages. I did have a couple of parcels coming, but all of them have my proper address. 

πŸŒ‘ πŸŒ’ πŸŒ“ πŸŒ” πŸŒ• πŸŒ– πŸŒ— 🌘 πŸŒ™

I found a photo with a strange orb! This was from April 8th, 2 p.m., the day of the eclipse. 





🐾This was a moment in household feline history. Cinnamon is a gentle cat. Nutmeg is the boss, AKA Killer. (She is a wicked hunter!) 
 I put food out, and noticed him eating from Nutmeg's bowl. This is highly unusual! There was food in both bowls. I had to take a photo.

If I put crunchies down in the single bowl, he'll wait until she finishes. His wet food bowl is on the left, and hers just below the giraffe. She came around the corner!

cat breakfast from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It's been quite the week. I put 110 km on the car volunteering. My dear hubby went into town to the cafe and ordered me a quiche. He brought that home with a kale caesar salad. He cannot have dairy or yeast, so this was all for me. It was a lovely thing to do. 


More rain on the way. Outdoor chores are still going to have to wait. The poor fountain sits waiting for me!

Have a great weekend.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...and I thought all the weirdos lived down here!

Barbara Rogers said...

Your cats are practically twins. I couldn't tell one from the other, so replayed the video. I guess Cinnamon is a bit heavier. Do their faces look any different? Quiche is a great dinner for you, with left overs. The last scam is one I frequently get, of course from USPS (US Postal Service) supposedly. Yikes, just last week I had an email which could have been deadly, but reported it as fraud to my bank instead! keep on watching out for the crazies, but of course, a blue orb visiting must be something good. I used to get them a bit with my old camera.

Jeanie said...

Goodjob, JB! A thoughtful man. Loved the momentous cat moment and your skies. We're seeing all kinds of scams here, too. Just grim.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Just caught up on your posts, Jenn. Always interesting seeing what you are up to and thinking, etc.I do believe we have to be careful these days...there are so many scams and idiotic notions on the go. Apparently, us oldies are the most at risk for this.I'm not in the garden yet...going to let raking wait till all this rain stops. That was such a nice treat from your hubby. Pouring here near Black's Corners.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

For some reason, I always think every person in Canada will be smarter than some of the people here, but I guess you have people who will fall for any crazy conspiracy too. So sad. The trouble here goes deep though -- we have a criminal running for president and half the population apparently believe what they saw with their own eyes is made up. It's pretty much a cult. Insane. ........ with regard to "death with dignity" I totally support. We are residents of Oregon which was the first state in the US to approve that act and we voted for it. I believe is just about exactly what you describe as yours.

RedPat said...

Cinnamon has turned a new leaf after spending the night in the garage and now thinks he is tough. ;-)

Christine said...

A thoughtful good looking quiche.

Nancy J said...

I, too, get emails that tell me my parcel is waiting delivery, all I have to do is " Click here". The funniest was, I was told a parcel was coming from Australia.. I deleted that one, then a second one saying it had arrived in NZ . Deleted that too. Then the courier arrived with an actual parcel from, you guessed it, Australia. I had won something in a magazine competition. Phone calls, emails, they can be scams.Cats meals, our new stray that is here full time loves cooked chicken meat.

Elephant's Child said...

We get very similar scams here. And, sadly, I got caught by one once and had my PC infected with ransom ware. These days I am very, very careful.
How I wish that our assisted suicide laws were closer to yours. In order to qualify here your illness/disability has to be fatal. No quality of life is not an acceptable reason.

Red said...

Cold weather and wind are holding spring work up here.

DrumMajor said...

I think the blue orb is a cat spirit that came down to chat with your cats. Linda in Kansas

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I get a few phone calls and e-mails like that. I report them as scam or hang up on the caller.

Loved seeing the two cats together. I had no idea they looked so much like each other.

I'll have quiche, too, please.

River said...

I get scam emails telling me my package is awaiting deLivery I just need to confirm the address, yet I haven't ordered anyhthing from anywhere.
I have only one cat, so there's no fighting over food bowls.

Far Side of Fifty said...

The cats figure it all out by themselves! Yes I get emails all the time about missing packages. I have conflicted feelings about the suicide law. Even in dementia my Dad asked me to please release him from the hell he was going through. I told him I am sorry Dad I cannot. We treat our animals better than our elderly.