Wednesday 3 April 2024

Trip to Merrickville Part 2

We had a lovely lunch. See part I: Trip to Merrickville Part 1What could we do in Merrickville, but shop!!! 

There is a lovely little hobby train store. What we found out is that on Wednesdays, lots of shop were closed.



"HIPPIES USE BACKDOOR" 

Too many in towns are feeding critters. 

This is where we ate 13 years ago when we were house hunting with Caitlin and baby Isabelle! 

This store is fabulous.

Aren't these amazing?!



From there, we noticed an actual phone booth!

There were lots of dog walkers. 

I sat on a bench and a man picked me up! From there we went home.

It is a terrific town.


13 comments:

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Every time we visit my daughter in Ottawa we see signs for Merrickville, but I have never been there. Maybe it’s time…..

eileeninmd said...

Nice outing, the store does look interesting. Lots of cool things.
Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful shop stuff! How long have you lived at your place?

Jeanie said...

What a fun road trip! I liked that store you went to also!

Elephant's Child said...

That looks like a wonderful town - and day.

RedPat said...

I know people who live there but I have never been there. It looks so nice.

Anvilcloud said...

Oh gosh! Is that little train store still there? I had forgotten. I haven't been there in years.

Cloudia said...

I have to frankly say that it is a pleasure to escape the pressure cooker of the states by coming to visit you! God bless you friend. Aloha

Far Side of Fifty said...

Looks like a very interesting place:)

Christine said...

Nice outing

Lowcarb team member said...

That store does have a collection of some wonderful things in it.

All the best Jan

Red said...

Always good to get out and see new territory.

Nancy J said...

You let a man pick you up???? Actually pick you up off the street, or pick up and take you home? Whichever, JB, you are the lucky one.Looks a lovely town.