Saturday 27 April 2024

Saturday's Critters

 We've had two Labbit cottontails, and yesterday afternoon two Fred groundhogs! 


I went walkies and when I came up from the wetland, maybe a red-tailed hawk?

hawk Apr 25 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


It seems to match my archival photo!


The birds have been busy. I haven't seen any turkey groups

turkey time from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Dratted Red Squirrel:

drs from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Silly Clover 2, eating my plants.

 

Morning deer from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Three bucks turned up later, covered in burrs.


Down at the frog pond... the water is seething with mosquito larvae. It is a blessed time until they emerge in clouds.

 

mosquito larvae from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I remember this tree falling over. Butch quite liked it. It just doesn't lead anywhere!

Butch on pond from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

The coyotes are on the move.

coyotes Apr. 21 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Saturday's Critters # 541  <= for more critters.

12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Wonderful to see all your critters, as always! Clover was sure aware of you, staring at you for a long time. What with wind in the trees, I'm surprised she could hear the camera so well. I'm sure you weren't waving your arms at her! Two Freds, oh my!

Jeanie said...

Those rabbits! I love 'em!

Aritha V. said...

I love it. A pleasure to look at.

RedPat said...

You certainly have a lot of creatures at your place.
I saw a male Cardinal banging into a window over and over this morning and thought of you. He was very determined to get that other bird.

Rain said...

I love the vids, those rabbits are amazing!

Mae Travels said...

You live in peace with so many animals (maybe except the squirrel?)

Cloudia said...

Such a pleasure visiting you and all of your critters!

Elephant's Child said...

Sooooo many critters. All of which I would love to see with the exception of the 'squitoes.

Red said...

the one deer looks up and gives you a look of what are you doing here?

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I thought that red squirrel was a fox at first. It's a pretty color but we don't like squirrels in our feeders or even under them either!

Kay said...

Gosh! I haven't seen a rabbit in such a long time. I'll be in Illinois in a couple of weeks. I imagine I'll be seeing them again in the yard.

DeniseinVA said...

Lots of wonderful critters and like Kay, I haven't seen a rabbit in a long time, so it's lovely seeing yours. Videos are always a joy also.