I knew I had to mention this. I knew I should, as a white woman of privilege. Many whites ignore it, which is a shame. They reveal their ignorance. Systemic racism exists in Canada.
Read a book or three: Oka crisis, Kanesatake, The Sixties Scoop, Phyllis' Story - Orange Shirt Day.
Dr. Peter Bryce: whistleblower, is in Beechwood Cemetery, Ottawa.
Who was Dr. Peter Bryce? Public tour at Beechwood ... - CBC.ca
- Talking Back to the Indian Act
- Unsettling the Settler Within
- The Williams Treaties: Lament of a First Nation
- Book Review: Raisin Wine: A Boyhood in a Different Muskoka (autobiography–2007)
- Book Review: As Long as the Rivers Flow
- Book Review: Generations lost
- Here is a booklist
Read about how whites tried to tell truth to power: Treaties, Residential Schools, First Nations.
Buy an orange shirt from a First Nations company.
Watch a video: The Land Between: Southern Ontario.
Music Art Dance & Drama
6 Indigenous artists you need to know in 2021 | CBC Music
Willie Dunn – 1971 Pity the Country
This guy is really fun! Dakwäkäda Road Report