Monday 15 April 2024

April showers bring May flowers

 With the nice weather, I thought I'd get a pedicure for spring. The relaxation was much-needed. I didn't realize how cold it would be! We've had cold, splatty rain for days. The action has been with the squirrel caught mid-flight!

I ordered myself a new shirt. I was pleased with it. Even dug out my capri pants. I put on my face, and my old capri pants.



On the way home, I stopped to grab photos of the new build in town. I've been snapping photos, just for posterity. They'll rent for $2300/month. Not the affordable and rent-to-income places we need. Apparently, our premier only want to help his rich builder friends with single family homes well beyond the income of many on hourly wages. 


What does one do on yet another rainy day? It's been raining for SIX days. 



Thankfully we have power. There were thousands without power in southern Ontario. Those danged winds.

🥌Curling is an option. It is strictly a spectator sport for us. Our backs and knees would never hold out for that. 

Cinnamon rests until we can go walkies!


I had a conversation with Jesse, in Vancouver. Skiing is done. He's promised to upload the rest of his winter photos. He said that all three of my kids will be together at his cottage near Lindell, in B.C. It is lovely when families can all get together. The Vancouver kids came to visit us in July 2022. I am estranged from my youngest. It is great that they will have a good visit. There are swimming pools, and a beach nearby. I am happy for them. Summer is coming together.


Garbage is out. The new week begins. I hope you have a good one!


9 comments:

Elizabeth Edwards said...

you know i love your style. i keep trying to find blouses or other bottoms with no luck. i am gonna be 46 this year and i am always trying to be not with my stuff hanging out ...don't think folks should do that at any age but i can imagine you get my point there. be respectful and still look cool. lol!! sorry to miss your comments, i think that is silly how blogger (google) does, suddenly i check and i have a bunch of comments and i think, wait where have you been and why did you suddenly show up?? green (pollen) and flowers are here. love spring. fall and spring my faves. have a great week. enjoy it to the fullest. ( ;

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope you have a good week ahead. Love the new top !

Barbara Rogers said...

Hope you have a good week ahead. Love the new top !

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Your outfit is cute! I like that cottage!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy week ahead.

The Furry Gnome said...

Our rainy days have ended and it's sunny now. You're very right about our premier and his developer buddies!

RedPat said...

The B.C. cottage looks very nice. Your feet are ready for spring!

Elephant's Child said...

That is a very high rent - matched and exceeded by many in my city.
Your new top is great.

Jeanie said...

I'm so glad you didn't lose power. I love your fun shirt and capri. Definitely spring. I hope if you move you can find a nice place for much less than that!

RÔ - MEU DIÁRIO said...

Que lugarzinho bonito o que a senhora mora. Parabéns.
Um beijo.