Tuesday 9 April 2024

Eclipse 2024

 I got myself ready in March!   There won't be another until 2044. Monday morning I was prepared.


I practiced before noon. It was perfect!


We were close to the full eclipse in Perth.
 


Look at the clouds rolling in!


This is as good as it got.


Solar Eclipse from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Yes, clouds rolled in. None of my sieves worked. 

 

It got really dark during the near eclipse. It looked as if it could rain.
I hope you aren't tired of the eclipse... I thought about the Crumbly Acres camera, and it shows a bit of our drama. The camera thought it was getting dark and clicked in to night mode! 

eclipse from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


🌑  🌒  🌓  🌔  🌕  🌖  🌗  🌘

Happily, the kids rented a vehicle and drove to Quebec: Salaberry-de-Valleyfield (2-hour drive). They didn't want to risk using their EV and running out of a charge. All the rental agency had left was a RAM 1500!






Aster took an amazing photo with an appropriate lens cover. It was epic!

They took a video, sped up for time. I can live vicariously! I'm so glad they shared it with us. Maybe we should subsidize their trip costs!!!



12 comments:

Jim and Barb's Adventures said...

Aster's photo was amazing! I wonder what the aliens would have thought if they visited us on eclipse day and saw all these crazy humans with cardboard to their faces staring at the sun?

eileeninmd said...

Love the eclipse photo, well done!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Karen said...

It got so dark, you would think a good thunder boomer was rolling in. The temperature dropped quite a bit too. Unfortunately it was very cloudy here so we really couldn't see anything. About ten minutes after it ended, the clouds rolled out and the sun was warming us up again.

RedPat said...

That shot of the eclipse is fabulous. We started out sunny but then the clouds rolled in. The about an hour after everything the blue skies returned!

Nancy J said...

Living through their eyes is a fabulous way to see the eclipse, the world and see friends. I live through others' eyes too.

Elephant's Child said...

Aster's photo is brilliant.

Tom said...

...we were in the path of the total eclipse, but our sky was overcast. It got dark and than light, we didn't need our glasses!

Red said...

The eclipse is one thing the kids will remember for their life.

Aritha V. said...

No eclipse in Europe, so I LOVE your pictures.

Jeanie said...

I posted my eclipse thing today -- I'm so glad thatyou ha a wonderful sky, too. The photos are terrific! Wasn't it interestng, the temp change?

DeniseinVA said...

At least you tried, I never got quite that far. Great video and photos from your family. Thanks for sharing them.

Lowcarb team member said...

That shot of the eclipse is just fabulous.
An amazing experience.

All the best Jan