Thursday 25 April 2024

It's cold on Crumbly Acres!

 It was a day on Crumbly Acres! Our silly Shaw satellite TV isn't working in the workout room in the basement. It took me a half hour on the phone with the technician, unplugging, replugging, moving the box, until he determined that there is something wrong with the cable. They are sending someone today between 8 and noon. Good thing we are retired. 

I noticed a face in the trimmed pine tree out front. It made me laugh even as I cry at the storm damage. The poor tree is the one that lost a ton of branches in ice rain, heavy snow, and messy weather.


Good news. Joseph Brian had another good PSA test. I've been doing a graph! We are holding the metastasized cancer at bay. Plus, they only jabbed him once. He'll have his Lupron injection next week. 

The day began with 11mm (1/2") rain and evolved into graupel and snow. Eventually it cleared up and it melted. 

We took off to Carleton Place. I had a haircut, and JB dropped me off to go shopping. It is a relaxing spot, except for the dude sitting there playing loud YouTube videos. This is my before.

This is the after. Not radically different! In the days when I went out to work 5 days a week, I was better at doing makeup. I wore my brand new dress. Too cold without leggings!

It is a pretty spot.

From there we went to Smiths Falls for dinner. 


I have leftovers!

At home we were happy to see Fred Groundhog out and about. His burrow under the deck must have dried out. I think it has been too cold for him. He was standing up looking for trouble, his little paws hugged to his torso.

Another sunny but cold day! 

12 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Your poor flowers with snow! Hope they survived. I love the haircut...you just look fluffier!

Anvilcloud said...

Glad you and JB are doing well.

tz_garden said...

More cold! Your new haircut looks nice, I can see the difference. I hardly ever bother with makeup now, but I definitely look better with it on, lol. Leftovers are the best!

Elephant's Child said...

Wonderful news about Joseph Brian.
I like your haircut - and your outfit.
And love Fred.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Love the new 'do' and the dress is so pretty! Very cold here, still, too... silly weather... YAM xx

Red said...

So in this post everything is good even a haircut.

Jeanie said...

This is such a wonderful post. And the best news is JB's test! Hooray! And the most beautiful photos are you -- I love that outfit and great hair!

Patio Postcards said...

Wonderful news about JB - yeah! I see the face in the tree & you are right, must find some humour in the bumps in life, for there are many. Lovely photos of you in your new outfit.

MARY G said...

I do like the hair; and I also agree that CP's main street is a nice visit. For some reason CP seems more accessible from here than Smiths Falls, although the time to drive is about the same.
Makeup? What is that?
Keep that furry brat away from your home. We had a groundhog that tried his best (and, yes, his) to undermine our kitchen porch foundation. We have 249 available acres with no buildings to sabotage but no, he had to live there. Livetrap and relocation occurred. I hate to do that, but we need the porch to be strong enough to use.

Kay said...

I like haircuts where people don't think you look like you've been scalped. That IS a very nice haircut.

Gosh! I noticed that face right away.

Lowcarb team member said...

Good news on JB's PSA test.
I like your hair cut.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

Oops I got an error message when hitting the publish button, so this comment may come through twice!

Good news on JB's PSA test.
I like your hair cut.

All the best Jan