Thursday 18 April 2024

Dropsies, snakes, sunrise

 I wrote about our visit to the dump. When we arrived home, I got out of the car and dropped the phone. A fitting end to a bad day! Joseph Brian did his research, where we bought it they don't do repairs. We still owe money on buying this phone, which we pay monthly. He took it into our local computer store and they ordered a new cover for us, which could be a quick process. The phone still works, but we shall have to buy a cover. 


I had a hospice client Tuesday, went for a visit, but I wasn't needed. I came home and decided to clean the water fountain in preparation for setting it up for the season. I ended up not finishing, covered in bits of algae. The elbow grease was in short supply, it'll wait a few days as we've rain on the way. It gets grungy by end of season as you can see from a summer photo. The birds love it.

I'd left poor Cinnamon in the garage overnight Monday. Whoopsie. He likes to go out there and check for mice friends. I took him outside to work in the sunshine. He found 4 snakes: one garter snake and 3 ribbon snakes. It is my belief that there is a winter hibernaculum where they overwinter. In these upsy downsy temperatures they aren't wandering far from it. 

Cinnamon began on the top of the septic bed. It was like watching a toddler. I couldn't leave him alone for a minute. He would see a tail twitching and couldn't resist. 


This is a pretty ribbon snake.


And the garter snake.

Cinnamon wandered down the hill to Fred Groundhog's cette. The pile of sand in getting higher. You'll picture his head in the hole, sniffing. I was a bit worried, but he didn't go in any farther! 


Cinnamon headed to the hill where he found another snake. King of the castle! See the tree buds? They are getting ready to burst into leaves. 

The daffodils are up and blooming! 

Wednesday brought us a lovely sunrise. I played around with it, the iPhone images were better than my camera.


I managed another panoramic photo with the broken phone. Not so shabby.

9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

iPhone images look pretty darn good right away. You're doing well. Sue was into Apple at Bayshore on the weekend to deal with her earbuds having difficulty charging.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky images. I like your daffodils, they are a pretty sight!
I have seen a few snakes on our lake shore, I am glad I did not step on one.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad to hear it's just a cover that got the damage to your phone. I love that mine has one, and just got a new screen cover (whatever they're called, clear of course) as my old one looked a bit like yours.

Jeanie said...

Looks like Cinnamon survived better than your phone did. How frustrating. But it is looking lovely in your world!

RedPat said...

Cinnamon must have been lonely. He won't let that happen again.

DrumMajor said...

Are you sure you don't have a phone warranty for repairs/replacement on your phone? I like Otterbox cases and haven't had a problem when I drop my phone. Those phones are SO slippery by themselves, and the Otterbox cases are matte finish with sections of rubber protection to keep them from falling. My has that funny thin piece of protective glass on it too to protect the phone's glass.
At least Cinnamon can show you his "gifts" and not have to bring them to the house! Linda in Kansas

Elephant's Child said...

Love those daffs.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
That last shot is a stunner - banner material? As for the phone, I have a non-slip outer grip cover on mine, which also provides 'bounce' in the event of ever being dropped... YAM xx

Red said...

I haven't seen a snake here for years so four or five at once is pretty good.