Monday 22 April 2024

Cats and birds

 There was a bit of a fight on the railing. Cinnamon chose to walk away. He's a good cat!


I noticed our turkey hen again.

I looked out a 7:30 in the morning the other day, and spotted a doe.


I am back to bird watching from the front window. Soon I'll have to put the feeder away. 





The flicker was happily finding food.


Five years ago the Flickers nested in the dead elm.

Flicker from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Apparently it is a popular tree. The European starlings appear to have taken it over this year.

 

dead elm from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I took the garbage out this morning. I bundled up! It was -4 ℃. I am afraid for my daffies, even the peony stems are falling over. We shall see!

9 comments:

Barbara Rogers said...

Brrr. Here too. In the 30s F when I got up at 7:30. I've put the geranium outside in its hanging basket. Loved seeing the flickers. Didn't know they fed on the ground. And the finches are always adorable!

RedPat said...

It is good to see the Goldfinch getting its yellow back. I heard that May is supposed to be colder than normal this year so we shall see.

Red said...

Lots of bird activity at your place.

Mae Travels said...

Your garden birds look mostly like ours — except for the turkey. We’ve seen them as close as around a mile from here, but we are too urban for them.

best, mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Cloudia said...

A good cat is a great treasure. Aloha you two

DeniseinVA said...

Well done Cinnamon! Applauding you loudly :) I enjoyed all your photos and videos. Looks like spring has sprung, wonderful!

tz_garden said...

Ooh, that's cold! Cinnamon is a great cat.

The Furry Gnome said...

I'm amazed at the birds you have visit!

Jeanie said...

Good job, Cinnamon! I hope your blooms recovered!