Sunday 13 November 2022

Intrepid Traveler, cats, rain!

 That was a big rain: 28mm (over an inch). It all came from hurricane Nicole that hit Florida. 





It was a lovely Remembrance Day ceremony in Ottawa. It's always broadcast. It was a warm day, unlike many years where those frail veterans just freeze. It is a beautiful monument. Our Vancouver kids visited in July, taking Isabelle with them.


There are repairs and renovations being done on these old buildings in Ottawa. You can in the photo behind them. Jesse and family visited from Vancouver. Below are Isabelle, DIL Stacie, Cluny and Bryony!

Speaking of travel, Caitlin is off with her Toronto girlfriend to see and experience sunny skies and beaches. They are meeting in Punta Cana! It is on the east side of the island. 
Caitlin, Josephine, Isabelle and I went to the Dominican Republic, Samana, in Nov. 2017! Great memories of our girls' week.

Caitlin had a mani-pedi in preparation! Isn't that cute?! She's doing carry on, as she is a seasoned traveler, unlike her mother. I'm always afraid of not taking something important! She did precheck-in, and just carries a backpack, which is easy peasy.

I was watching her flight Saturday morning at 5:30. We both posted our Wordle and Canuckle scores on the family chat message while she was in the waiting area. I failed to do the Wordle one, I did get the Canuckle! 

Caitlin has to go from Ottawa (YOW) to Montreal (YUL), and then snag a flight to Punta Cana (PUJ). They took off from YOW, and I wondered which direction they were going! Fortunately, I realized they had to do a turnabout.


You can see where they were on the edge of the storm that just passed over us. It's a 45-minute flight, and no sooner do you gain altitude than you have to go back on down. 


I managed to go out after the rain. I wrapped my rhododendron bushes. Bambi quite likes nibbling on them when food gets scarce.
The frogs were out in the morning. It was 13 C. at that time. It's cooled off considerably (1 C. now), and they'll soon dig down into the mud to sleep. 


My present to me. I think I've found a trailcam I like, although I argued with it yesterday and lost. Standing, bent over, I couldn't figure out how to reset the time. It's a Cabela product. We'll see if I feel like chucking it into the nearby frog pond!

The cats adore the sunshine. They had a moment on my Nanny's quilt!

We had icy rain last night. I picked it up on the new videocamera! 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...we saw those fabulous sites when we visited Ottawa. The rain is falling here too.

Barbara Rogers said...

We got 5.37 inches here in Black Mountain NC...and that brought us up to our expected total for this time of year. Many places further east and certain in the west are full of drought conditions still. You are so kind to keep some nibbles for Bambi.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
The whole world seems to be under rain just now - unseasonal floods in OZ and the subcontinent, exceptional falls here (yes we get lots, but a ridiculous amount of late) - and big winds. Then some places are in a drought. Adaptation! YAM xx

eileeninmd said...

We had a lot of rain Friday from Nicole. I hope this is the last storm, for a while at least. Great photos of your family. Safe travels to your granddaughter. Take care, have a great new week!

Christine said...

Safe trip to Caitlin!

RedPat said...

I would be with the cats sitting in the sun in the window.

William Kendall said...

The cats love a sun puddle.

I attended the national services- but forgot to take a phone along.

Anvilcloud said...

i think the weather is now turning for good, or bad I guess.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So glad you had a great Remembrance Sunday. It's freezing here. I would give ANYTHING for rain. We are so dry the ground is cracking. Lucky you.

Linda said...

don't give up, I know you will get the trail cam working.

Elephant's Child said...

Our Remberance day was low key. We are also having rain - but are a lot warmer than you.
I hope that you and your new trail cam stay friends.

Nancy J said...

Flight tracker, when they fly over the ocean for HOURS, that's the hardest part.the cats sure know a comfy spot.

Red said...

Smart daughter to visit the south even though you haven't had very cold weather.

DUTA said...

As usual, Briony is the big attraction!

Patio Postcards said...

Your trail cam videos are making me want to install one in our back garden, so I can see who visits. I am definitely having trail cam FOMO.

How adorable are your two kitties.

Kay said...

This is so much fun. That looks like the Parliament building in Vancouver. We went there quite a few years ago with our two nephews.