Wednesday 2 November 2022

Hallowe'en across the country!

It's not a celebration for the faint of heart. Our families, our 4 granddaughters, really got into it. 

I must admit that conspiracy theories abound with famous people amplifying the craziness. 

 
  

🎃Hallowe'en in Ottawa

They bought pumpkins on the weekend and, after homework, carved them. Jos' has braces, just like hers!


Isabelle was a broken doll. Grampa thought that was nearly as scary as a 🤡 clown! The make-up was terrific.
Josephine:  

Hallowe'en with friends! We’re a crime scene: I’m an escaped arsonist, S. is a detective, E. is the caution tape, and V. is the blood! I’m getting handcuffed!


(I blurred Jos' gr. 10 friends' faces, as I don't have permission to post them.)
Jos sent me a photo of her loot!


 🎃Hallowe'en in Vancouver!

Our Vancouver grandies live in a tight-knit co-op community. It's a great, safe place to Trick-or-treat.
Putting on make-up is more a challenge of having them sit still enough at their application – rather than skills of their parents. However, if both your parents are trained actors, and your mom does a lot of design work, you are home free!





Such fun! I taught for 25 years, and had Hallowe'en up to my eye balls. 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...for me, Halloween is for kids!

Barbara Rogers said...

Great face painting. I did like both the jack-o-lanterns! Well carved, and curves are hard with a knife!

William Kendall said...

This Jamie Sale appears to have issues.

Breathtaking said...

Hello :=)
How adorable! Such fuun for the youngsters.

Olga said...

I remember Halloween (all holidays, really) being celebrations in school, but by the end of my career it was all discouraged or outright banned as a waste of instructional times. And look at where that has gotten us now.

RedPat said...

They are all so cute.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I LOVE the Halloween photos you shared. It's all about the kids and these looked like they were having a very good time. GREAT carvings, too.

Elephant's Child said...

They look like they were having a heap of fun - which we all need.

Anvilcloud said...

Ahh, Jamie. You poor thing.

Red said...

Awesome costumes.

Kay said...

Oh my! These are great costumes and that's a lot of candy loot! Ahhh.... so you celebrate Halloween up north too. :-)

Divers and Sundry said...

Ah, the "satanic" paranoia lol Ignorance abounds.

I love the costumes, and those jack 'o lanterns are great!