Wednesday 16 November 2022

We have snow!

 Well, flu season is here, as well as Respiratory Viruses (RSV), and COVID/Omicron. FluWatch keeps track of it across Canada. Pediatric cases are climbing, with 2 - 300% increases in admissions to the emergency room. Wait times are really long, hours and hours. The Public Health Officer refused to institute a mask mandate, they are afraid of the Convoy people. The school boards are talking about it. Teachers are reporting more kids wearing masks. 

The latest FluWatch report is now available: graphs for JB!



Tuesday, it was a bit of a shock seeing the thermometer, -7 C. The frost was lovely, however. 

The goldfish pond was frozen. There were three baby goldfish under the ice. It'll be sink or swim for them!

I vacuumed yesterday. Do you know what happens when you suck up a long cat toy?! Cinnamon laughed.

Caitlin did a morning Facetime with us, wishing her step-father a happy birthday. Caitlin, in Punta Cana is having a relaxing vacay. She is having a blast, reading, swimming, doing activities. No watching kiddies in the pool or on the beach! 

"I competed in Throw The Coconut today! We had to throw a coconut backwards over our heads as far as we could. Then in the afternoon we had a kayak relay race. I did pretty well for my team! Then we popped four women on each of the two kayaks and the men pushed it in a race. We all fell in!! Then I got back in again and we finished the race.

I made JB meatloaf, mashed potatoes, carrots and broccoli. We checked in with JL, and he said that they were nearly ready. Isabelle would be ready once she got out of the shower, where she was 'draining the Ottawa River!' Facetime with the girls for his birthday was fun. Jesse and Bryony sent a happy birthday video for him!

Wednesday, there is a bit of a storm. At this point I'd rather have snow than rain. 

I realized I haven't emptied the second water barrel. That will be a fun job in the snow. Draining it, and tipping it over, prevent the water from freezing and splitting the barrel. These are photos from my first glimpse of the day. Our snow tires are in the garage, many of us felt foolish booking the tire change in the balmy weather of the beginning of November. It's not very deep snow, we'll be fine. We're booked in for Dec. 1st.


It's lovely snowfall. We knew it was coming. I have to take off the top of the precipitation gauge for winter. The snow just gathers. 

This is how it looks, before and after! 
 

🌨 Winter, bring it on! ⛄

17 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
...atmospheric! YAM xx

Tom said...

...it snow here too and our 12 year old granddaughter just got over having the flu.

Kathy G said...

According to today's newspaper, our area is seeing a surge in influenza. RSV has been high for a couple of weeks.

Barbara Rogers said...

Glad all those relatives chipped in to wish your hubby happy birthday. Snow! Big change to clanging around on chains for 4-5 months!

RedPat said...

WE got a load of snow here last night. I had my snow tires put on on Nov 7 and am happy that I did.

Gaelyn said...

You just keep that pretty white stuff there. So many people living in polluted and crowded environments spreading germs. Glad I'm isolating in the desert. Stay out of the pond please.

Jeanie said...

We had our first snowfall too. Lovely but I'm so NOT ready!

JB's birthday celebrations look like good ones. Every year I appreciate my birthday more and more and I suspect he's much the same. That dinner sounds good and reminds me I need to do a meatloaf soon!

Nancy J said...

Definitely winter weather. Hope you get the tyres on before any more serious snow falls and lingers.

eileeninmd said...

The birthday dinner sounds yummy! Enjoy that snow!

Take care, enjoy your day!

Elephant's Child said...

How beautiful. Much as I love winter we very rarely see snow.
Glad that JB's birthday was marked with family times.

Lowcarb team member said...

The Autumn/Winter months always bring nasty bugs and viruses ... take care.

Brrr on the snow!
According to our weather news, parts of Northern UK may get some next week.

All the best Jan

David M. Gascoigne, said...

We have snow too, and I am quite pleased to see it. It lulls me into a sense that climate warming is not happening!

William Kendall said...

I noticed the snow starting around midnight.

Red said...

I like "real" winter and not the melting kind that makes a mess.

The Furry Gnome said...

We always try to get those snow tires on by Nov. 1st.

Anvilcloud said...

Happy winter.

Lorrie said...

The first snow is always so pretty, I think.