Wednesday 9 November 2022

Chores, trailcams

Nothing like having to redo 🍁fall chores! I had to redo my water fountain cover. Well, the winds whipped the next day, I lost the cover off of the swing bench, and I could barely recover it. Sturdy yellow rope did it! 

In the meantime, JB has put his back out. He's been spending hours researching zoning bylaws. He's been dictating his research and I'm typing it out in a Word document. He can't use his left arm, even though he is a touch typist (Gr. 11 typing class), and he uses a stylus in his right arm, but it is slow. I feel badly for him. 

I'm going to have to order groceries, as his is out of commission. Advil, TLC, Dr. Ho, and Voltaren. I use a spatula to put the topical cream on his back. It works so well. We bought it in Westport. 


It was a chilly day Tuesday, and I didn't spend much time outdoors. Thankfully we've trailcams. This morning it is - 6 C.


Gotta love them! Nov. 3, 6 a.m., it wasn't interested in the pumpkins!

  

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It's mating season. They urinate on their glands to spread their smell!

buck from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Everyone in my world is complaining about fogging up their trailcams!

butch Nov. 4 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


13 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that JB will be feeling better soon.

Jeanie said...

Bummer on JB's back. Your spatula idea is brilliant -- I need to remember that one. So glad Voltaren is now over the counter!

RedPat said...

Back pain is such a trial. I hope JB improves quickly.

William Kendall said...

Maybe the coyote has had enough of pumpkin.

Karen said...

Lots of thick foggy shots on mine.
We have a couple of does and at least one young male (four point) hanging around. I'm not hearing any shots so thankfully the hunters are well back in the bush.
Sorry JB is feeling so rough. I keep threatening to buy a hot tub. Before Covid my friend and I used to go to a nearby fitness center and soak for an hour. It was SO GREAT for back spasms.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful cam photos of the critters ~

Do hope JB heals quickly and that you are not too overloaded ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Elephant's Child said...

I am sorry to hear about JB's back. I hope he recovers quickly - and that you don't have to redo any chores.

DUTA said...

You've mentioned some meds, and that has reminded me Pharmacies here are complaining of shortage in all sorts of meds. Hopefully, it's temporary as most people need them.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

How lovely to watch the wildlife.

DeniseinVA said...

Always lots of chores to do, my list is growing and need to tackle them soon :) Sorry to read that JB has put his back out. Having had back issues in the past I can certainly empathize. I hope he feels better soon. Enjoyed the videos, the coyote looks very healthy, and a handsome looking deer. Is Butch a raccoon? He looked like the right size. I haven’t put my trail cams out yet. I have a new one now so that will be fun to see what it produces. I still have the older one so will have to think where I am going to put it. Enjoy the rest of your week Jenn, I hope it doesn’t get too cold. Our weather has started getting chillier too.

Anvilcloud said...

Poor guy! I wish I could type properly though.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Sorry to read about JB's back. I can truly empathize, but I'm not quite as bad as his condition.

LOVE your Canada goodies. What fun to see the coyote and the buck on the trail cam.

Kay said...

I sure hope all that medication helps. I was glad they now allow Voltaren here in the U.S. since I had to buy it for people when we were out of country. Poor JB. I hate back pain.