Confession: My new header is from last year. I want to celebrate Autumn! We all need something bright in our lives.
There are still delights in the garden, despite overnight temperatures! My orchid is losing flowers, I'll keep sharp looking for new buds. Funny thing, this morning it is 20 at 7 a.m.
A new baby wood frog.
A new baby tree frog, the size of my thumb nail.
The garden is hanging in. The trick is to have plants that flower during three seasons. For me it is a challenge. I don't really plan the garden. That isn't my style.
The hibiscus are reaching their peak. I kept for an artsy photo, with the rainbow.
The milkweed is done here ↓. I've more further away from the house, and on our third lot.
I found several Tufted Milkweed caterpillars wandering around looking for fresh milkweed. To be kind, I moved them out to a fresh group of plants.
Funny story: knowing the milkweed is fading, I moved about nine wee caterpillars out to a better host plot of milkweed. It took me several tries. On the 2nd try I accidentally stepped on the tilted milkweed stem. I sent the tree frog flying, and the caterpillars all fell off the leaves. Not only that, but I did the same thing on my 3rd time moving some caterpillars!
The little plot of milkweed is here, in the middle ground beside the horse chestnut tree.I laughed so hard.
My next fall chore is to fill the fish tank and move the goldfish indoors for winter. It's not just the night time low temperatures, but the daytime ones. Who wants to work in the cold and rain? It has happened!
Next, I'll have to drain the pond somewhat, in order to capture them. It looks like Sunday, the 20th is a good day. That's three days for the well water to get up to the right temperature, and sunny days to work outside at the pond.
Our SIL, Jean-Luc, has traveled with two old friends to Cairo, Egypt. It is very hot! I can say 'old' because they are in their 40's and they've known one another in their 20's.


1 comment:
That frog is so tiny.
Post a Comment