Friday 11 November 2022

Peter, Peter, pumpkin eater!

 We've a new buddy. JB suggested we call him Peter! 



The dude delivering a parcel sat and watched Peter for 30 seconds! Peter was there for most of the day.

 

buck & pumpkins from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

There was a young buck, as well.
 

BUCK from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

🍓I had to order some groceries. My personal assistant is still laid up. (Hooray Dr. Ho and pain cream.) The grocery stores really developed their technology throughout COVID. I ordered my stuff, selected a time (there were many time slots), and got an email saying they had my order. 

Next morning, both a phone call and an email confirming substitutions. The email had a hotlink, and when I arrived at the proper parking station, I touched the button, it goes to another screen, when I tap in parking spot #4. This means I have to take our house phone shopping. We don't have a landline. I nearly forgot it, too. Sadly, I had forgotten my reading glasses and could barely read the tiny screen prompts! 

Anyway, a young lady brought my loot out to me. And we have more food. 

14 comments:

Patio Postcards said...

Peter is a lovely addition to the crew visiting & feeding.

We also like the service of our grocery store for curbside pick up & I am sure it will see a surge of use again as COVID cases rise, yet again. We often get a hand written joke attached to our bill from one of the staff & sometimes there's a treat for us.

Glad to read there's some improvement with your personal assistant's back :)

Tom said...

...it's pumpkin feast time.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I am ever grateful for being able to have my groceries ordered and delivered all by online magic! I loved watching Peter - hope he visits again soon! YAM xx

Elephant's Child said...

Sorry to hear that the back pain continues. Glad that you have your groceries.

DUTA said...

Hopefully your personal assistant gets well and resumes shopping!

Far Side of Fifty said...

I like grocery pick up also! The deer ate all the neighbors pumpkins that she likes to decorate with...they rolled them all over half eaten!

Nancy J said...

We have a similar system with Click and Collect. The store I use, you can pre order, then go back and change, add or delete items. Then I, too, get an email, with the total, the items not there, and substitutions. Then at the chose time slot, go down, enter my code, and the door can be opened to the locker,they are like mail boxes, frozen goodies in a strong chiller bag, all so safe and easy. Peter, he has a huge platter there, and the young one, road traffic safety has been taught, look right? then ahead, what about looking left?

Cloudia said...

That is very cool! I'm wishing you a fabulous weekend friend

William Kendall said...

Peter has it made.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love your pumpkin eating buck...and his shy younger brother! Peter sure wasn't spoofed easily while he was having his fill! I'm amazed how many instructions are given in tiny type. And my new TV does that, under the title, episode number and date are tiny...I have to get out of my chair or pull it closer to read whether this is the show I want or not!!
Oh dear, dear deer, and sad and woe are the ladies of a certain age with our eyesight a bit over the hill before we are!

Anvilcloud said...

I haven’t done pickup for quite awhile. I wonder if we still have to phone our arrival here?

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

How nice to see that buck by all those pumpkins. Some of those pumpkins are HUGE,

I don't own a cell phone. Only a landline. I am so antiquated, but frugal. A cell phone costs more than my land line and I checked EVERY carrier in my area. Plus, I would have to buy a phone. I applaud the store where you by your groceries.

Kay said...

I haven't done grocery ordering yet. It sure is a wonderful option.

Jeanie said...

It's almost time to take my pumpkins from the front yard to the back where now and then we have our own pumpkin eaters! I tend to "open" the back a bit so those with less temerity or weaker teeth can get at the goodies within! Loved this!