Friday 25 November 2022

Cats, birds, doe

 I finally managed to wash the kitchen floor. I'd been resisting the urge. Instead, I was put out Christmas decor! Monday I tramped in and out of the kitchen and garage bringing in groceries. Stuff to do Tuesday, I thought Wednesday was the day. The deed done, I patted myself on the back. Thursday morning, Nutmeg threw up on the floor! As JB said, "No good deed goes unpunished!"

Who, me?

JB's back is slowly getting better, but we thought we'd play it safe. He is now managing a cold. I made chili to warm us up. My late mother wrote out a chili recipe for him, and I have some fondness for it. He retired before I did, and was doing groceries and house cleaning. She thought she'd help him with a recipe!

Another giggle for you. I did a massive grocery order Monday.  I ended up with ONE brussel sprout! Thinking I was ordering one unit, I learned my lesson. I did put in the notes, two handfuls, but my picker missed it. Oh well! A fun moment, and I laughed so hard at myself.


I managed an evening photo of JB's bears. They were a gift from the kids to JB.


😷OCDSB debates mask mandates 

Ottawa's public school board (OCDSB) trustees tried to vote on a new mask policy. Anti-maskers stormed the meeting, police were called and it was cancelled. The anti-mask Facebook group that organized the disruption of this school board meeting is also talking about going to the intensive care unit at Children's Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO)  and getting video footage proving there is “no issue.” Our pediatric hospitals, i.e., CHEO, are over capacity with flu, RSV, and respiratory viruses, including COVID. CHEO’s chief of staff explained that non-ICU hospital occupancy is at 185%, ICU at 200%, and heart and cancer surgeries being cancelled.

OCDSB went to a Zoom meeting format yesterday, and the motion failed. Our grandkids have all worn them. It's not a big deal for most kids. 

🐦I'm not seeing a lot of critters these days, except for the birds at the feeder. Too busy to take photos this week, I will set up the tripod, and try for some good photos. We had several evening grosbeaks Thursday. They are pretty birds.

 

The weather is up and down, freezing one day, rain the next. Sometimes all of it on the same day! It's freezing rain in Ottawa. Yuck.

Happily, I can still see the deer about. The doe is really getting into the pumpkin! Those seeds are yummy. 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...we had brussel sprouts at our daughters house yesterday.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
LOL - I have had a similar single-unit sending when ordering online (can't quite recall the veg in question). I think I thought that the 1 unit would be 1kg ... it actually might have been sprouts, come to think of it. Way back in Edinburgh days when first practising this method of shopping. As you say, once done, never repeated! YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

I had to learn to specify the number of bananas because we didn’t need a whole bunch for just the two of us. But now I shop happily with my mask on. It seems easier to go in personally. Maybe I will resort to pickup during the Christmas rush.

RedPat said...

I hope that you shared the sprout.

Divers and Sundry said...

I've never ordered groceries that way, but I've heard several stories like yours. It's a challenging process lol

I'm sorry your anti-maskers are so _angry_.

Elephant's Child said...

I don't like brussel sprouts - so one is plenty.
Glad that the back is improving.
Sigh on the floor front. It is almost a rule...

Lorrie said...

Oh, the solitary lonely little brussel sprout is very funny. I have never bought groceries online and can imagine it would be confusing at times.

Cloudia said...

Don't let the lied to people upset you too much. There are still more sane, logical, loving people around then them. I know what you mean about your kitchen floor, lol. And I'm glad himself is experiencing improvement with his back. That's wonderful. Carry on my dear and don't forget to continue with your wonderful gratitude. And and appreciation of your situation. We could all be freezing to death in Ukraine. Bless you friend

DUTA said...

Anti-maskers are ridiculous! The mask is an external device which definitely helps prevent virus transmission, so what do they want?

Red said...

The anti maskers really worry me. They seem to have no concept of good health practices or rights and freedoms. They seem to think that they can force anything they want.

DrumMajor said...

What a hoot for your one sprout. We are to be grateful for whatever we have. Hope it was tasty. Do deer eat brussel sprouts? Linda in Kansas

Nancy J said...

I did the same, and we ended up with ONE orange !!! The floors, they do look so good when done, what a pity the hard work was spoilt.

DeniseinVA said...

A very interesting post Jenn, and glad to know JB is feeling better and hope his cold goes soon. Love watching the deer eating those pumpkins. It's too bad there is always this divide on wearing masks, and so many other things. Our kids should be protected because we know how germs/virus' can spread like wildfire in schools. We saw enough of that when our own were small, let alone what we're all dealing with around the world these days.

William Kendall said...

Anti masker types leave me feeling very discouraged about humanity. And feeling like punching them in the nose.

River said...

Are those bears sparkly?
I've been putting off washing my floors for months now. Probably years. I just swipe up spills when they happen and sweep when too much gets tracked in on my shoes.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

I enjoy Brussel sprouts but one is already too many for my wife! I would be very grateful if you would send some of those Evening Grosbeaks my way. Assure them that I will feed them well.