Wednesday 23 November 2022

Oregano cat and the magic stick

 I've taken in all your comments about our visitor, 😼Oregano <= I've tracked my sightings of him there. Having two tabbies, Cinnamon and Nutmeg, it is funny seeing him on the trailcams. I agree he is a healthy (intact) cat, and likely has a home. I tried feeding him when he first showed up in January, 2021. I put out cat food, which he quite enjoyed. It began to freeze. (The raccoons were sleeping by then, so I wasn't feeding them.) I put the heated cat house out, but he wasn't interested in it. Then I cleverly put the food in the heated cat house, which prevented it from freezing. 


I think I've only seen him once in the daytime, and found this video on my computer. Most of our 'wild' critters don't come around in the daytime. They know to avoid humans. This is from 7/6/21.

Oregano from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


My frogpond trailcam is doing its best. You get what you pay for!

 

Clover & pumpkin from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Cinnamon begs to go out in the predawn. This is when he is most vocal. He knows 'walkies,' as a cue word. They seem to know 'out,' and 'Muskoka Room' as well. JB is teaching Nutmeg 'treat.'

They both went out for an hour in the -7 C. dark, looking for mice friends. No birds in the dark! They hustled back in, quick and sprightly. It was chilly. We let them out into the Muskoka Room for fresh air. They like watch the leaves blowing in the wind across the snow.

 

cinnamon meows from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


I went for a walk in the forest. This was the strangest thing! This stick was apparently swaying in midair. 

 

magic stick from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

🌬Monday was really windy. It seemed to increase over the afternoon. I was going to go out and pick things up and tie them down, but I thought I'd best wait. The wind wasn't letting up. JB agreed. Baby bear fell over! I retied them to the railing yesterday, putting them up on the bench. Now we can see them through the window at night. I ought to cover the bench. Something bright red would be fun. The snow does pile up on it, then melts. It was a lovely time putting out some new Christmas decorations. 


A package of greens from the grocery store, and made myself a pretty planter. It requires tweaking, but the soil is frozen! This half barrel is on its last legs. The bottom is rotten. It's going to be decommissioned in the spring!

I took Daisy's Christmas tree down to the driveway. This is the one she kept chewing, until she burned her tongue and couldn't eat or drink. That was a lovely adventure figuring it out at the vet.


Managing prostate cancer

📱We had a phone appointment with the surgeon Monday afternoon. All is going as predicted. A Bone Mass Density test will be scheduled in Ottawa. (Our local hospital has a one-year waiting list.) The surgeon is in Ottawa. JB's been having injections here in town with the GP. Sadly, as of Dec. 1st, OHIP won't let doctors bill for phone calls anymore. For a 5 minute conversation, it saves us driving an hour and a half into the city, parking, figuring out how to manage meals, and gas costs. It is discouraging. But we are still smiling! 

12 comments:

Tom said...

...your Christmas decorations look festive!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I hope JB's test goes well and he gets good news. I like your barrel decorated with the greenery and reindeer. Take care, enjoy your day!

Anvilcloud said...

No billing for phone calls? Sigh. Our conservative government strikes again.

Barbara Rogers said...

This has been a fun, cold sounding post. The cats seem very happy in your home and surroundings! My decorations could use a bit of inspiration about now.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a fun post today... it really is starting to feel like Christmas! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Cinnamon is quite vocal.

Karen said...

Swaying sticks are a bone of contention here. I frequently have 1000 frames of a swaying stick on my trail camera!
I'm really nervous about this new restriction on doctors. We have a program in Renfrew County where those of us (MANY many thousands) without doctors can book phone appointments. What's going to happen with that?

Elephant's Child said...

Glad you are still smiling. Luckily we can still have telehealth calls.

RedPat said...

I need to start thinking about more Christmas decorations while the weather is a bit warmer.
OHIP is such a disappointment.

Divers and Sundry said...

The decorations are nice. Quite festive! Health issues shouldn't be made harder, but so often it seems they are :(

Red said...

Everybody needs a good mystery in their life like a stray cat.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

And they say OUR health system is in disarray. Sorry to read that, but I hope JB gets positive news.

That Oregano is stealthy character. LOVE that you have those trail cams.