Monday 21 November 2022

Eric Whitacre: Sing Gently

🌴It's been a time around here. Caitlin is home from Punta Cana. It was a shock coming back to cold and snow, methinks. It was a grand trip, and she had a great time with her University friend in the warmth and sun. Between them, the two women have 5 kids, so it was a well-deserved rest. My SIL, JL, picked her up at the airport near midnight!



It's been really cold, snowy, and windy, to add to the fun. I managed to resist washing floors but I may have to do it today. It was -11 C. last night. We kept warm watching three episodes of Harry Wild, with Jane Seymour. It is fun, a murder mystery, and light. It hit the spot.

📬Regarding the gun club proposal, I'm up to 98 emails, JB has had 144 emails, with numerous back and forths. I thought I could handle an online committee, but I'm tired. I gave that over to JB. Signage has gone out around the area. Hard-working people have also collected 450+ signatures against the range. People have sent over 200 letters to our Township Planner.  

😴Many of my peers have sleepless nights. Lord knows why... I wake in the wee hours and listen to podcasts. This was a very interesting one for those who enjoy music. 

♩Eric Whitacre's Virtual Choir 6: Sing Gently
17,572 singers from 129 countries come together to perform Eric Whitacre's "Sing Gently".
This is the video, which might inspire. Although, I'd suggest you listen to the podcast first [The Digital Human series], as it is remarkable: it demonstrates Whitacre's creative process. It answers the question, how does an artist write music? The series explores different aspects of living in the digital world and the theme of this episode is Joy

The song itself is about 3 minutes long, the credits take up the rest of the time! (You know, a cast of thousands!)


9 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The song is beautiful and the harmony is fantastic. That's certainly a LOT of singers. Lots of credits, too. I really enjoyed this.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Forgot to mention that it must have been a BIG shock to Caitlin's system after being in such a beautiful place as Punta Cana.

Looks like you are getting good coverage on the gun club noise front.

Tom said...

...blend the voices of the world in harmony.

Anvilcloud said...

It’s a wee bit early for such snow and cold. I hope it relents a little for awhile at least.

Olga said...

The virtual choir is amazing. Thanks for sharing that!

Hena Tayeb said...

Punta Cana must have wonderful. It is cold here as well but no snow yet, I am not ready for snow just yet. Good luck with the gun range.

Cloudia said...

Very impressive how your community is mobilizing to protect your peace and quiet. As always, my best wishes are with you. I'm delighted to share some of my sun with you every day.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

It's hard to head up a committee like on the gun range opposition. I hope you guys can get some more help. On Turkey Mountain, the city councilwoman for that district took notice she started forming community meetings and that is when the opposition galvanized and it just took off from there.

William Kendall said...

The first sunny morning here after quite a few days.