Tuesday 8 November 2022

Moon fail!

I went out this morning to try and photograph the Beaver moon. It was too close to the horizon. I couldn't see it out the back deck at 5 a.m. and at 6 I went out since I couldn't get our Internet to work. It was a lovely black image, as I fought to see the camera settings in the dark. It is now 0 C. and I decided to give up!





Down on the ground. The little mouse hole is back in business.
 
I don't know what Butch was looking for!

Butch treed from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


I am having fun with the new camera.

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Then there is the old one!

coyote from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I think the coyotes are happy with the new driveway! Nov. 1st, 2022

14 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Beautiful captures of the moon!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Tom said...

...another one that I missed.

RedPat said...

I got up a few times to try to see the eclipse but it was cloudy at 3:30 and then at 5 the moon was hidden by buildings. Oh well.

Barbara Rogers said...

Good try. Settings for night on cameras always get me confused.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Any moon shot is worth the making, in my view!!! YAM xx

Elephant's Child said...

I failed to capture the moon completely. Too much cloud.

Anvilcloud said...

Shooting the moon can be difficult. It's actually very bright, but then at the height of the eclipse it got very dark. It actually moves pretty fast too, so you can't really do a long exposure. My headlamp came in very handy, especially for the blood moon because it was really dark then.

DUTA said...

The moon is always a fascinating photographic subject!

Red said...

You got some great shots of the eclipse. It was very cloudy here so I didn't even get up for a look.

William Kendall said...

I saw the moon last night as it rose, but didn't even know about an eclipse.

Christine said...

I missed

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely photos of the moon, especially the second one.

The coyote certainly looks happy!

Jeanie said...

I more or less missed it. I saw it before the eclipse started and then during but between cloud cover and missing the timing, I sort of blew it. c'est la vie.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

My sincere apologies for the very late visit. My internet has been offline for well over two days. Between blogger not allowing me to leave comments on some blogs and my internet being offline, I am really stressed out.

I saw a bit of the eclipse, but then the clouds took over and I missed the real part.

Your trail cam of the coyote is wonderful.