Friday 24 April 2020

Tulips, ditch diving, pond studies

Spring really eludes us. I'm happy to report that Maggie deer has not TOTALLY devastated my tulips. I've covered them with a branch. There are TWO buds!



I went downstairs for my workout, and then out to ditch dive. This culvert brings a lot from the other side of the highway. The bright red Tim Horton's cups bug me. There was a beer can, also, but I couldn't get to it with a leaky boot.



We pay if we put out more than two garbage bags. The county hands these bags out and they are "free' bags.



JB went for his weekly shop. Our posters were up. Most places are obviously quite pleased!



The pond is filling with life.


The frog pond was fairly quiet, except for two spring peepers.

Pond studies from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Tom said...

...I don't get out much, but when I do I see lots of thank you signs.

Christine said...

Fantastic about the posters!

Out To Pasture said...

I love those little fairy shrimp. I havn't seen one here yet but keep on the lookout. I loath litter bugs and imagine they live in very messy homes.

CanadianGardenJoy said...

Jen ! thank you so much for the video of the pond and the sound of those lonely little Spring Peepers .. I adore peepers and frogs of all kinds .. but when they sing it just makes me so happy to hear them.
Litter bugs .. I just can't wrap my head around why they do what they do .. good for you for fishing that out .. the wild life are so much better for people like you ;-) .. fairy shrimp ? are they mosquito larva ? I'm not sure what they are. In any case .. loved this post ! Thanks !!
Joy
PS .. this cold windy horrible weather ... sucks !