Wednesday 15 April 2020

GRAMMA CAMP – Week 5.1

Tuesday

The morning broke, quite a bit colder. Somebody in my house went grocery shopping, before the tourists turned up. The clerk helped him load them in the car, and he was quite grateful. Plexiglass screens are at the cash registers, even though it is a small market store. He was so good to go out shopping.

I found a beautiful video for him. This is lovely to watch, their first run outdoors in awhile. The weather is turning.



After his grocery run, he relaxed and watch a music video. His arm is still sore from his rottaor cuff injury.



Homeschooling

After breakfast, we did schoolwork for an hour. Then walkies and outdoor play.


What occurs to me is that it is much more complex doing work with Classroom Google. I wonder if they are making money off of the crisis? We've been trying to order books and even the paperbacks are pricey. A Kindle book for an old book is $13.


It is complex, doing school at home, in that it's a sharp learning curve. Without computer savvy adults supervising, it can be frustrating, time consuming and far too complex for some. We figured out how to open two browser windows for display of the questions, and the answer window. Part of my M.Ed. was online, and that really helped me stupidvise.



Leftover tacos for lunch, with chips, and guacamole Jos made herself.

Jos talked Izzy into playing Skip-bo. She played it at Shannie's house, her former day care provider, and didn't like it. We did well.




Jos took the photo, above. She has some luck in getting the little twerp in for dinner. Otherwise, he's out there looking for mice friends. She did it two nights in a row! She's hired!

Pork loin, potatoes, carrots and sweet potato.
After dinner, the girls finished her movie. Next, we watched Jeopardy. Jos did really well.



videos

3 butch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

grampa
people from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I enjoyed watching Butch, scrubbing its paws.
Butch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


10 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh my - thanks for sharing that horse joy with us - such grace, elegance, energy and strength. And that was just the pupster... &*> Well done to the girls for keeping up with schooling - it would be too easy to through it in were it not for gramma, methinks! YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Susan Hill, Simon Serrailler. I have read these in the past but lost touch. There must be at least one more book out now, if not two.

Tom said...

...I haven't been in a store in the last month, I've heard about the plastic screens, let's hope that they help. Take care happy campers and stay safe.

Christine said...

Doing groceries is so important these days.

Hootin Anni said...

One clerk at the store when I went a few days ago made the person in front of me stay behind the screen...can't blame 'em. Love the release of the horses video...it cheered me up. Freedom!! I can't even fathom home schooling in today's times.

Karen said...

What joy and construction they much give to your day.
How did you make out getting up off the floor Grandma? Sometimes M or I will get down on the floor with the dog for a cuddle, OH MY! Getting up warrants fits of laughter and indignation.

RedPat said...

I would be hopeless trying to do school on-line. I'm starting to feel like a dinosaur as far as technology is concerned - I don't even have a smart phone!

Nancy J said...

I am thinking of every parent world wide, a whole new learning curve for them too. Your girls are so blessed to have you both there, some school work and a heap of fun. Another wettish morning here, all OK in our home so far.XXX

Powell River Books said...

The teacher in you is hard at work, but I bet you are making it fun for the grandies. It is getting long and I don't see any change in our area for at least another two weeks, that's when our stay home order expires. After that there may be a few new things added to our list of things to do but I don't think it will make much difference until at least June. Fingers crossed after that the border will open without a required 14 day quarantine. That is what is keeping us away since we don't have a way to get groceries and other essentials. Home deliveries in Powell River are backed up more than a week. And living in a condo adds to the isolation. At least you have lots of space. - Margy

Angie said...

Jenn - I don't envy parents (or grandparents) that have to work their way through this technology maze we call education right now. Good thing you have some skills in that area!

Looks like even raccoons are doing some hand washing!