Friday 10 April 2020

GRAMMA CAMP – Week 4.3

Thursday
Rainy day.
Whoops. Snowy day.



06:30 I went down to check the fire. Josephine's alarm was playing. Nobody woke up, though! The fire was needing attention, although Isabelle had kept it going very well. I added a bit of kindling to the large log.

I sent Josephine out to do a weather report...

rainy day from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Breakfast


Science

Water, food colouring, baking soda, 2 paperclips and string. This was an assignment from her science teacher.



Crystals!


Jophee is still enjoying birding. I heard the tell-tale sign of the Yellow-bellied sapsucker. This video was made 10 months ago. I think the birds are ahead of schedule. I called her up to the bathroom and explained that he does this to call a female. They've learned that the noise is loud on the metal.

Yellow-bellied sapsucker from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

You can hear him, here. I just happened upon him in the forest two years ago.

Yellow-bellied sapsucker from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Curriculum

Isabelle did L.A., in English and français, then some math, and a math game. Their iPads just aren't adequate. We could open up the math questions in one window, and the place to type in the numbers in another.



Jos did math online. She helped Grampa buy a book and load it onto his kindle. Grampa is out of library books.

Then she had to do a math contest, I think it took an hour, using my computer!



It went from pouring rain, to huge snowflakes.



Grampa had spent two days, and several phone calls, trying to get his cancer treatment injection from our GP's office. He buys it at the drug store, then takes it in to the office.
He has a cough, which he got in November, for which he has been treated by the GP, and they didn't want to let him in. Instead, he drove in, and they gave him the injection in the parking lot beside the car.

Dinner was spaghetti. We list our options, and then plan it all out. We've done a plan for next week, too.



Stay well. Stay safe. These are crazy times.

6 comments:

Tom said...

...it's snow here too!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
They are. Our mission, provided we take it, is to not be crazy ourselves! Well - not toooooo much...YAM xx

Karen said...

I can't imagine how hard it is for many parents to teach the kiddies. You are a teacher for goodness sake and finding it challenging!
I feel so sad the JB had to have a cancer treatment in the parking lot. That just blows my mind.
Sure hope the end of this nightmare is soon in sight.

Nancy J said...

The wee squirrel on the feeder, that has made my morning so happy, love the running commentary, which worked well once I turned the sound bars up!!! Parking lot administration of so many things these days, we have sunshine here at 7.29 a.m. turned the heat pump on at 4 a.m. it was about 6 Celsius outside, Take care, all of you.XXXXX

Red said...

You have some typical spring weather...a little bit of everything on the same day.

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you are having a good Easter weekend. Today looks nice enough for a walk. When I went to the mailbox yesterday, it was brutal, so we stayed in.