Tuesday 21 April 2020

It was a lovely day

JB is feeling better, although not 100%. He's been faithfully doing his rotator cuff exercises. Can you see him doing a walk?



I went ditch diving. I just did a small section. It took an hour. I'll do another section. My mistake? Going out too early. It was such a lovely day, I did have to wrestle some pieces of garbage out of the ice in the ditch. I have my garbage picker-upper, which helped.



The county provides bags, donated by Tim Horton's, oh the irony! I've been doing this for years, and it's a shame to treat our beautiful world this way.

The traffic is awful, people are going so fast. I was happy down in the ditch. I shoved my bags into my jacket pocket, and tried to stay off of the shoulders.


No ditch diving today. We've rain coming in. Or snow. Who knows?


Cinnamon found (I think) a red squirrel in there!

Clip0 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Cinnamon snagged himself another friend. It was his second.

 
Cinnamon from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

All the animals have been happier in spring, rolling in the dirt.

happy cats from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...yesterday was glorious here too, it's wet today. Take care.

Anvilcloud said...

Yesterday was nice. It s snowing at present — 8am.

Kathy G said...

I love this time of year. The morning and evenings are brisk, but the middle of the day is beautiful.

Karen said...

It is snowing and blowing like mad here this morning. Nothing standing around though, whew.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Looks great, we have had rain off and on today. Take care, enjoy your day and week ahead.

Nancy J said...

Soon you will be in lighter clothes, and sunshine will give us all a bright lift up, much needed. Love the cats outside, what delight to have all that land to roam around.

carol l mckenna said...

Wonderful videos of your kitties and end video with kitty and Grandpa resting after his walk? ~ Life looks good there ~ but what is'ditch diving?'

We are having a wild wind and rain storm right now ~ let Zoe out and the wind took me and the door with it ~ twisted my foot but door is okay and most important Zoe too ~ We will have to go downstairs and out that door for Zoe's business if storm keeps up ~ We have had all kinds of weather ~ crazy like the rest of the world ~ A fox sauntering around in the daylight this am ~ Zoe barked at from the window ~ What's next? LOL

Be Well,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)

Christine said...

you are a good citizen.

Red said...

Since our snow has disappeared in the last two days, it's time for me to pick stuff up in the park.

Hootin Anni said...

I bet their emotions are flying high now that the Purrfect season arrives!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Lovely videos, Cinnamon is such a beautiful cat. Hope the squirrel's safe though!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Kudos to you for cleaning up the trash. It is a shame that you have to do it, but despite years of effort we don't seem to make a dent on the problem of litter.