Tuesday 28 April 2020

Saturday afternoon drive

Our Internet has been going off every morning for the last few days. It hasn't been happy times.

Off to check my assigned and unassigned Western Chorus Frog sites, there were a lot of cyclists out and about. Motorbikes, ATVs, and walkers, as well.


Site 300

Nada! As I emerged from the ditch, there were cyclists!



I've always liked this spot.



I'm proud to say we did NOT run over this painted turtle. I took it across the road in the direction in which it was headed. It was 13 C., which was lovely.



Site A

This is what I call Site A. I'd just happened by and heard them calling last time. It's right beside an old quarry. It's a lovely green, the water.
I don't know what the truck was doing. There was no one in it. There was a car in front, the driver walking around the car smoking. We skedaddled.



Chorus frogs Site A from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.


Jebbs Creek is full!



Site301

Success!

Chorus Frogs Site 301 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We always giggle at these signs. I mean, why would they be playing in the street??!! Then, we kept on driving, and saw 5 teens biking!



This is the back of the old Nestle building, now Canopy Growth.



There were quite a few people at Old Slys Road finding some nature. There was a loon, as well. We didn't stop for a photo.



Some people have been physically distancing. As we drove, there were a lot of people sitting in a circle on driveways, keeping a discreet space between them. There were lots of cars at some places. Several places had more than several people hanging out.



People out fishing on the Rideau.



We thought we'd try Code Road, there were none where I'd heard them before. However, just before that spot, I could hear them. Out I got. This is site C. Site B is Narrows Locks.



chorus frogs from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

There were none at the place I'd heard them before, Site B.

We passed these kids, there was another ATV in the group. We were doing the speed limit, but they were catching up to us!

6 comments:

RedPat said...

You saw a lot of people!

Unknown said...

Good you are out and about, great save on the turtle.

Powell River Books said...

So surprised to see quads on the roads. In BC there are few places you can ride on a road, and most times only to cross over. We now have a required ATV registration and if you want to cross a road you have to pay for a renewal every year. I'm seeing more people out as well and we are still under a stay home order. States that are opening early are showing big crowds at beaches, etc. I hate to see that after all the work to stay home for the last six weeks. - Margy

Nancy J said...

From yesterday some businesses are back at work, construction, builders, sparkies, plumbers, takeaways, no contact yet, garden centres, phone in your request, collect, pay with paywave. All OK with us, much the same, we didn't even venture out for a takeaway coffee. Love the water views, truly lovely, I can be there in a click.

Tom said...

...I haven't been out much, thanks for taking me along for the ride.

Angie said...

Jenn - for the first time since March 15, I was able to get together with my best friend - we went kayaking - a good way to keep the right distance, which is still required. We both talked about hearing the frogs in the last few nights. Such a lovely sound! Stay well, my friend!