Thursday 4 May 2023

Trip to Carleton Place

 The good news is that JB's PSA test shows no change. While not cured, it is being held at bay by the Lupron he takes quarterly. Happy dance! 

We anxiously await a plumber Friday. Monday, the arborists. I cross my fingers here on Crumbly Acres. The money pit!

On Wednesday, another rainy day, I had to go to the dentist. JB offered to drive, in order for me to take photos, and for the company. The flooding in Quebec has been horrid. Two volunteer firefighters have lost their lives. It is awful. There are so many out there working in the rain. 


The fields are ponds. 
The rivers overflowing.
We've still damage from the ice rain storm.
We were terribly early, and took a drive about Carleton Place. The river is quite high.
The boardwalk, where we've walked many times, is nearly flooded.

The grass is quite green, however, and it is looking very spring-like. We watched them building these residences.

We drove by when they were building this pond, May, 2019. I was curious. Now, the buildings are completed. Unbelievably, I found the blog post. 

Finally, it was time. JB sat and read. This photo was with my camera. 


I took all of these photos with the new phone. It is tricky for me. With my old phone I could say 'cheese' and it would take a photo. I keep having trouble holding it and not covering up the lens! 

Next, we went to a restaurant, indoors, for dinner! It was a tad early, but we'd had early lunches, anticipating eating at 4 p.m., and it was quite quiet. They make a smashing virgin caesar! 


Normally, the patio is our favourite spot. It's been raining for days!

I have dinner leftovers for tomorrow! It was a lovely meal. We haven't eaten IN a restaurant for months. 

We made it home, and the daffodils are still in bloom. The rain is still falling. 

We were happy to put our feet up, and watch the new series we've found. JB has been doing some research, and happened upon it. We watched Season 6, and decided to go back to Season 1, we liked the twists and turns so much. Now, we are up to Season 3, and enjoying it.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...flooding is common here too.

Barbara Rogers said...

Yay, a trip with benefits...dentist trips always need those. Great looking restaurant. So sorry about your flooding, and more rain. We've had major wind, nothing more. Blog will cover it when I get out to take photos. And yes, that does look like the kind of show I'd like to watch too. I just finished Bosch finally...binged it!

RedPat said...

I have only been in a restaurant a couple of times since the whole covid began. Life has sure changed.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Line of Duty is totally addictive! It did take a dip on season four, five a bit tighter again, and then six had us all baying for more! Yet to be determined if a seven will appear... Congrats to JB for positive news. You now I sympathise/commiserate with the weather!!! YAM xx

Cloudia said...

Nice work JB! Maintenance is what life is all about. I know you are equal to it Jenn. I hope you enjoy your beautiful day

William Kendall said...

The river is high in the city too.

Elephant's Child said...

All in all, despite the dentist, an excellent day. I don't remember the last time I went to a restaurant.

Lorrie said...

Oh, the rain! I've not watched or listened to any news at all this week and hadn't heard about the flooding. So sad that lives were lost.
We started Line of Duty a few years ago and enjoyed the first few shows until the violence started bothering me.
Great news from the cancer clinic!

Kay said...

What a relief that JB is OK and the indication is that things are not getting worse. Phew! The flooding looks awful. I feel so awful for the people who were impacted.

Patio Postcards said...

Line of Duty was a favourite of ours. I keep telling myself that all this rain will help set glorious blooms of summer flowers. Yeah to good PSA results.

Anvilcloud said...

I don’t recognize either the office or the restaurant. But I loved how you sort of fused the PSA test with waiting for the plumber in the next sentence.

Divers and Sundry said...

Congratulations on the medical test results! The food looks good -quite a treat :)