Sunday 28 May 2023

Happy anniversary!

I was given a lovely Mother's Day present from Caitlin. A beautiful spot of spring, colourful wooden tulips from the Dutch shop in Ottawa. 

We don't really celebrate extended family anniversaries per se, but the flowers fit perfectly in one of the vases from Caitlin and JL's wedding! I'd saved two of them.

JB and I drove past the hall on our marathon trip to Ottawa for his cancer treatment. It brought up a fun memory.

May 28, 2005, 18 years ago!

The wedding took place in Nepean, and we all drove to the reception hall in Fallowfield. We lost the bride and groom for a half hour. The bridesmaid were coming to me to ask where the couple was. They couldn't have eloped, they'd been married! It turns out, the priest whose church was attached to the hall, took them out for a beer! 




Jesse, JB, myself, Caitlin, JL, son Terry, my late mother, my brother

My brother picked up my mother in Bala, and drove her to Ottawa. She died the year after, and wasn't well at the time, but she was thrilled to have made it to the wedding. 


Isabelle (13) did this painting for her mother for Mother's Day! She was secretly working on it in the basement here. Caitlin took a photo as Izzy has to smuggle it out of our house and into their car for the surprise at home.

Josephine (15) was supposed to have her braces off last Wednesday. She managed to qualify for the semi-final for javelin in high school championships, and they had to postpone the removal of braces. They gave her an appointment in June, then phoned back and had a cancellation Thursday morning. Finally, after two years, TA DA! 

I leave you with the robins under the deck, who are getting bigger, and will soon fledge. They don't quite fit and are growing like mad.
 


When the babies leave the nest, they still get fed. On July 19, 2021, I was working in the yard and I could hear a juvenile robin begging for food. If you watch to the end, you'll see its parent shove food in its mouth. It was a serviceberry, and it spit it out. No veggies and fruit for the teenager! baby robin  

15 comments:

Tom said...

...smiles all around!

William Kendall said...

I know that Dutch shop. I have to get down there sometime for some spiced Gouda.

eileeninmd said...

Happy Anniversary! Love the baby robin! Take care, have a great day and happy week ahead.

Barbara Rogers said...

Great memories of a special day with all the family there. Baby robin isn't quite ready for solid food!

RedPat said...

Nice family shots!

Angie said...

Jenn - beautiful wedding photos - doesn't time fly???

Speaking of flying, the painting of the birds is TERRIFIC! I so admire people who can paint!

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment!

Phil Slade said...

Nice to see those family smiles. Love the little robins (American).

Nancy J said...

Oh Momma, give me a tastier morsel next time !!! What a catch Jenn to get that at the right time. Beautiful wedding photos, and no braces, just in time for the NZ visit !!!

Elephant's Child said...

This is such a happy post. Thank you.

Anvilcloud said...

I’m with Robin. I’m still fussy about food.

Red said...

Every wedding has a fun story or two.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Really lovely wedding shots. Nice family photo. Wow! That bird painting is out of this world. No way I could ever do anything like that. Laughed when the baby bird took the food and and few seconds later got rid of it.

Divers and Sundry said...

Happy memories :)

Lowcarb team member said...

A happy post, I enjoyed it.

All the best Jan

Lowcarb team member said...

A happy post, I enjoyed it.

All the best Jan