Monday 22 May 2023

Gramma Camp Long Weekend

 Saturday we eased into the morning. We had brekkie, and planned out the day. The risk of frost is over, so I had left my plants out to enjoy the rain.

I'd already been out, trying to get the pond pump to work. I failed, and took it apart. I knew it was going to rain, and the water barrel would refill the pond. I wouldn't want to be messing about in the rain. I decided to work on it another day.

Grampa took Isabelle shopping for supplies for making spaghetti. I loaned her my raincoat, as it dumped rain all day. She stuffed her list into her pocket. I'd sent them out to get some 8' bamboo stakes for my deer fence. It was tricky. Grampa phoned, as they didn't have what I'd researched online. We'll make do. 

Isabelle wisely took off her white blouse to make the spaghetti sauce from scratch! It was excellent. 


We had a lovely day. Chatting, hanging out. I was reminding them of the old days when we did crafts, when they were so wee. We wrote books together. I showed them a video of their photos over the years!


Finishing off a couple more Jeopardy! Masters shows, was a wise choice. We had 12.7 mm rain. A long, slow rain all day. I think my garden needed it. I showed the girls my Fred videos. I'd moved a trailcam to in front of Emily and her pansies. The pansies have disappeared.

Fred is busted!

Fred is busted from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We are watching this series. It is a prequel to The Hobbit, set thousands of years prior. 

I don't know where the day went! 


9 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The homemade sauce sounds yummy. Fun times.
Have a great new week!

Tom said...

...I haven't figured out mosquitoes' purpose yet.

Patio Postcards said...

I 100% agree about the sign about mosquitoes - hate the little bitters. Cute about Fred the groundhog with your little girl statue.

Barbara Rogers said...

What a great rainy day. Fred is not a good groundhog. Bad Fred. Shouldn't eat the panseys.

Hena Tayeb said...

The sauce sounds incredible. Good for Isabella.

Elephant's Child said...

I never knew any of my grandparents and posts like this one remind me of all that I missed.
Fred was busted big time.

RedPat said...

Fred is a devil.

William Kendall said...

Fortunately Fred is also as cute as a button.

Anvilcloud said...

I am not sure what to think of that prequel series. I did watch it, and I will watch the nxet season, but I dunno.