Tuesday 28 May 2019

House wren, a trip, and a turtle

House wren

The house wren is a new bird for me. They have been busy taking ownership of a wee birdhouse.
I've been watching them from the kitchen window. So was Hooper! Watching them, I mean. It is a perfect location for the nesting box. We've been here 8 years, and the only other guests were chickadees one year.



Road trip

Anyway, we took off to Carleton Place to pick up supplements for JB on Sunday. I waved in your direction, AC!
We rather ambled from Perth to Carleton Place.


There were several three-wheel motorcycles. I guess it's a good option for some.



Lots of old barns.


This poor woman's two little black dogs had fled the yard. I hope she found them.  They weren't on the road, which we told her. It's right across from a large forest.


The swamps and marshes are greening up!


OK, this image could spur a story. It sort of looked like a man carrying... a body?!
It was a drive-by photo shoot, and zooming in does not help!



The rivers and creeks continue to be high, but flood waters are receding. I feel badly for those affected.




A veggie garden in the making.


Hooper's street! I just noticed it.


I wonder what they are doing in this spot!


The traffic on a Sunday afternoon on highway #7 was heavy.


This is a walking trail, near to a horse farm. What an idyllic spot. It's an old train track, right beside a river and a riding stable.


Swollen river


The trees are in bloom. What a great spot to sit and watch the world go by.


Lots of homes are needing repairs.


This home is for sale. A great spot to watch the geese. This is Jebbs Creek.


Just about home, JB spotted a turtle. We turned around in our driveway, it was just back up the road. Happily, there are good people in the world. Another couple had done the same thing. He gave me a thumbs up from where he parked across the highway!


Safely home, Hooper had 🕷️TICKS 2019  #3. More on the duckling hatching tomorrow. I'm still processing it.

9 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

Yes, that was an amble. :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello, looks like a nice road trip. The House wren is cute and I love the turtle. Wishing you a happy day!

Powell River Books said...

I watched carefully when we passed the turtle crossing on the way north from Vancouver to Powell River on Sunday. I've yet to see a turtle there either on the road or on the snags in the pond, but hope springs eternal. - Margy

Nancy J said...

great outing, and the little birdhouse, will wait and see what happens there.

William Kendall said...

You wonder what the turtles think about being picked up.

Rain said...

Oh neat, look at that turtle! I never see them anymore...sad! Your photos are amazing, honestly...that photo of the man with the "dead body"...seriously reminds me of some movies I've seen lol!

Olga said...

The road trip looked like a pleasant drive. I was visited by a purple finch couple. They were using the lilac bush for shelter from the rain or so it seemed.

Red said...

Your trips take in a wide variety of topics. Interesting!

Angie said...

Jenn - turtles need all the help they can get, so bravo for making sure it was safe. Ugh, ticks! I found one on myself at night after going to bed - actually woke me up! If there is any blessing, it is that ticks in Montana don't carry Lyme disease.