Tuesday 9 May 2023

Look to the skies!

 Our trees are cleaned up, more on that another day. Firstly, tennis!

🎾 We were watching tennis in Spain. They have been having models as ball girls wearing little cropped tops and short skirts. There was fooferaw, and they appeared the next day in skorts.  

 "Was the decorative ball crew not enough objectification?" - Tennis fans scream misogyny at Madrid Open as presence of models as ball girls goes viral
 
A New York based company, IMG, is now in charge of the ball kids, and they introduced ball models for the high profile men's games, says Eliza Wastcoat is a Tik Toc video. The regular ball kids work the outside games in more modest clothing, while the ball models work in t-shirts and skirts.

 River asked, "Why does the deer fence not just stay up all year so you don't have to put it back up each spring?"

Good question! I don't like the look of it in winter. I have been trying to rake and weed the garden before I put up the fence. It's a pain working around it. Also, I need to pluck off the lily bugs. The deer are mostly off in their summer habitats and I haven't seen them. 


✈Today, Russia celebrated Victory Day, an annual holiday marking the defeat of the Nazis, amid mounting anxiety following a series of attacks and over a looming Ukrainian counteroffensive. It was a watered down event. They were busy bombing Ukrainian civilians.



 🛩 The weekend was busy here with air traffic. It keeps me sharp following it all. It's not that bending and weeding, and throwing cement water fountain pieces around wore me out! It was such a nice weekend, people were out and about.

 



It was really busy in the skies May 6 and 7th. I had various levels of success! I nearly tripped in the first clip!

 

weekend air traffic from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

🐦I don't know if this is the kestrel that nests not too far away. It is a bird of prey!

 

hawk from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I've stopped feeding the ducks, now that things are warmer. They are hanging about. They do fly pasts, as well, heading for the pond. When they have ducklings, they aren't overhead much at all.

8 comments:

Tom said...

...I love your bottoms up duck.

Barbara Rogers said...

Wow, your header shot of the two male mallards is stupendous!

RedPat said...

I hope the ducks use your nest boxes.

Elephant's Child said...

Glad that your trees have been cleared.

William Kendall said...

The ducks make a peaceful sight.

Cloudia said...

Another day in your paradise. Please pay yourself and don't overdo it okay?

Divers and Sundry said...

The objectification in sports is offensive, though I don't follow tennis and hadn't realized what happened there.

Love the ducks! We're getting ducklings and goslings on local lakes, and they are so cute :)

Anvilcloud said...

I don’t know how to react to the tennis models. I don’t think I approve. I know the football cheerleaders exist, but tennis is different.