Tuesday 2 May 2023

Goldfish pond, clouds, and indoor play

🎣Yes, goldfish eat anything moving. Sometimes they try for their, or their tank-mate's poop. That they spit out. I've never had such a large goldfish. I didn't realize how aggressively they ate the smaller fishies! 


Percy is still in the dog house! We've had 73 mm (~3") from Saturday to Monday. The water barrel is gathering the eavestrough rainwater, and filling the goldfish pond. You can see Percy, bright orange on the left end of the pond. Happily, this is the only flooding we have. Other areas of the province are flooding. 

The clouds were pretty out front. I ran in to see what the radar looked like.



The radar showed snow in Northern Ontario, with little pop-up clouds here as the system slowly turned counter clockwise.

It was time to buy a new computer. There goes the family fortune! My old one is so old they wouldn't take it as a trade in, and I had trouble closing it up. The man delivered it in the rain. It was great to have something to do rather than housework!

The transfer of information from old to new was a piece of cake. I Googled it! 

The new one I turn on with my fingerprint! 




After seeing lots of people with Lenten Rose Helleborus blooming, I went out after the rain paused, and gave it another go. I noticed they were all standing erect! That made it much easier...


The one tulip is nearly ready to bloom for the first time. Taking a photo seemed prudent, although the deer have disappeared into the forest. I've several yellow ones, as well.

For some reason, a spider keeps on crafting a web across the camera!

morning bird song from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I heard gunfire in the forest, shortly thereafter I heard the barred owl. As I watched for the owl, 7 vultures showed up, as well. 

Barred owl & vultures from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

We've one turkey hen wandering about. They eat ticks, bless their hearts. 

backyard turkey hen from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

🥀 YAY SPRING!!!!

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I love seeing the turkey.

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Getting a new computer is both exciting and fraught with tension all at the same time!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
As I have discovered over recent months, upgrading technology having held onto previous items for so long is a bit like jumping into hyperdrive!!! Well done you, and may there be many happy years with this new model. Still kinda waiting for spring here - though the trees are at last budding. YAM xx

RedPat said...

The squirrels have been snapping off the tulip buds here.

Barbara Rogers said...

Mrs. Turkey isn't at all interesting in the spring flowers...glad she eats ticks. Good luck on new computer. I dare say the hours learning now will pay off in minutes saved down the road. Perhaps. Anyway, I always want to be able to do the things I already was doing, as well as add new ones. It's no fun to have to give up the comfortable ones though. Just my opinion of course!

Anvilcloud said...

Ah yes! I must deal with my own computer problem sooner than later.

Sallie (FullTime-Life) said...

Wow that last is a great reason to love wild turkeys!! Some people consider them kind of a pest where we live in Oregon -- there are so many, they've even moved into the City Center and are hard on roofs and lawns apparently. (I still like to see them myself,wherever they are). Ticks aren't a big problem there though, so that wouldn't be a selling point. ... loved seeing your spring scenes and wildlife. Yikes that goldfish is a giant! (Maybe it is a Koi fish!! Or are they actually the same thing?? I'll visit Google to find out. Congrats on the new 'puter! Have fun.

Nancy J said...

What model laptop is that? My old Toshiba had done it's life span, and my new Macbook Pro is a delight. Not as heavy, no need for an air cooler under it, and can link to my iPhone too. Transferring data, yes, Google instructions are such a help . Family fortunes, never mind, just think of all the joy you will have with this new one.

Elephant's Child said...

Hooray for anything that eats ticks.
And another hooray for a successful data transfer.

Lowcarb team member said...

Always good to get a new computer, pleased the transfer of information went smoothly.
Happy May Wishes.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

It seems that Percy will have to be a solitary fish.

Red said...

OK in this murder mystery we heard gun shots and then you leave us hanging? Where were the gun shots? Did they catch the guy? What kind of gun was it?

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm not looking forward to new computer time. Tulips here are gone, along with the daffodils. It's iris time.