Monday 29 May 2023

Fred is a selfie star!

Here is Fred. He has stopped gnawing on the deck, and has made a tunnel under the shed. When Caitlin was here she heard him gnawing and stomped on the deck. I told Josephine, in a text, that he seems to have listened to her! 😏 

I am inclined to leave him all alone, now. This is a good place for him. I don't think we're getting any wood in, as we've enough with our downed trees, thousands of dollars later. Who needs to buy wood? I will stack my pile after the birdies fledge under the deck. 

In the shed, he began a hole, which he made into a tunnel. He cannot hurt anything. The shed itself has a cement floor, and this is just in the side of the building.



Here he is. I think he is a he, not a Frederika, but we always call our groundhogs Fred! 

Anyway, I've been watching him, and he's been all over the yard, especially at the back of the yard. I set the trailcam on the deck, just for fun. First he was lying down on the job. Then he has itchies!

Fred grooming from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

You can see his strong claws. They can climb trees, I've read. He dug a hole under the deck, which our cottontail rabbit used in the depths of winter.

Fred's Selfie from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I saw him do this a couple of days ago, He did it on camera for me! You can see how bad the bugs are.

Fred's 8th inning stretch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I hope that made you giggle! 

12 comments:

Anvilcloud said...

He’s a cute and rotund little fellow, who sure knows how to scratch an itch.

Tom said...

...glad to meet you, Fred.

William Kendall said...

A resting groundhog us an appealing sight.

Divers and Sundry said...

I'm glad Fred has found a place where you can enjoy the antics without risking damage to the house. Fun!

Barbara Rogers said...

He's so round and cute...and loves your lens too! Too bad all warm blooded critters are game for the bugs. I guess not so bad for ducks and birds...they like to eat them!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
This Fred fan is full of feelings for the fly-peskies s/he has to deal with!!! YAM xx

Elizabeth Edwards said...

this makes me smile. so cute. what a great post!! happy week for ya. take care. ( ;

RedPat said...

A day in the life of Fred.

Elephant's Child said...

Thank you (and Fred) for the smiles.

Lowcarb team member said...

So pleased to meet you Fred.
Great post :)

All the best Jan

Red said...

Too bad these guys are such a nuisance as they do put on an amusing show.

Patio Postcards said...

I certainly enjoyed Fred's antics. You could create a whole online account for Fred & who knows he could become an influencer in no time, recommending garden products & such (lol).