Saturday 5 February 2022

Robins and other birdies 🐦

I'm back to bird watching. There are hints of spring. The goldfinches are showing a tinge of yellow. Their antics are fun. I put the zoom lens on the tripod, and set it up in the bay window. Nice, warm bird watching! I prefocused and just have to push the button. 

I love capturing them on the fly. There are several who photobomb, as well! Can you spot them?

 

The birdbath is popular! Our robin (I think there is only one) is a heavy drinker! The mourning doves watch it carefully.

The mourning doves had a debate:

            "What do you think, dear? Should we join them in the tree?"

        "They look pretty cozy!"

        "Well, I'm going!"

        "OK, see you soon. I'm still thirsty!"

Thirst satisfied, off it went to join its partner. 

The mourning doves have it right. Snuggle in the shelter of the evergreens.

🐦Robins

I don't know if it is a him or her, but the robin has been visiting daily. It's fun to see. It's overwintered, and it isn't a sign of spring, to be honest. The flock of starlings I spotted were hopeful.
 

For more critters, visit: Saturday's Critters # 425. Thanks to Eileen for hosting us in one big critter family!

20 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You have a nice variety of birds at your feeders. I would enjoy watching your bird bath too, great video and photos. Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jenn,:=) What a wonderful bird filled post. Fun narrative too, I enjoyed seeing all the birds, especially the American Robin, which is so different from ours.
Have a happy weekend.

Tom said...

...I haven't seen a robin since fall.

Olga said...

I like the idea of cozy birdwatching.

Barbara Rogers said...

Our Robins have disappeared, and sometimes they over-winter here. Loved seeing your little guy!

Anvilcloud said...

Now that’s the proper vantage point for bird photography in an Ontario winter.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It's so great to feed the birds in the winter months and nice to view them from the warmth of your home. We have lots of birds at our feeders now too. Enjoy your weekend!

Mae Travels said...

Our robins are currently flocking in the woods outside of town -- their normal winter behavior, where we saw them recently. In spring they will be solitary residents of our gardens and city parks again. It's fun to know where they are now (not in Florida!)

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

RedPat said...

I have heard some robins but haven't seen them. Did see a crow yesterday which I was hoping means that spring is coming.

Yvonne said...

Bird watching is spectacular from your bay window. What a lovely setup. All your photo are fun to view, and the birdbath video reminds me of my favorite robin that visits the garden year around. Have enjoyed this post much.

Nancy J said...

The robin, what stunning markings round the eyes, his or hers!! Love those doves sitting together on the branch, just one very wet Blackbird on our lawn this morning and a crazy saturated ginger cat who told me quite definitely it was VERY wet out there!!!

William Kendall said...

You have a lot of bird company right now.

Lowcarb team member said...

Awww I did enjoy seeing the Robin.
Thank you for lovely photographs and video.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

No Robins here, but I'm missing the Goldfinch at this tme of year.

Red said...

Smart move to set your camera up and just press the button to take photos.

DrumMajor said...

Thanks for the bird tour. They must have heard from the deer in your yard that you have nice treats, and that heated water. Linda in Kansas

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I love those incredible bird photos you shared. They are wonderful. I especially like the cardinal.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Beautiful pics! That’s a good variety. The captions are fun 😀.

Jeanie said...

I haven't seen a robin in months! Welcome back!

Angie said...

🕊🐦Your birdies are so pretty. Your photos are awesome! Birds are also very special to us here in Western NC ~ USA. The two pairs of Wrens have hatched out 2 nests & are now working on 2 more nests. One pair is already sitting. The other is still building. The Blue bird family is sitting on their 2nd nest in our nest box. We just put it up this year & we're so thankful that God is blessing us with it & the birdies too. We've had record breaking temps lately so we've been filling the birdie bath more often & placing other water nearby. 🎶🦃 There's also wild turkeys who occasionally stop in to say hello. Birds are lovely. 💚💛💚 Enjoy your birdie pals! 🌞♡◇♡ angielovesgary2 atgmail