Tuesday 1 February 2022

Happy February!

💝February can bring freezing rain, as it is usually too cold for plain rain! This is what we've had over the years... Goodbye January: 61 cm snow!

  📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫📫

 Here we are! The first image is the January calendar image. I should have put it in for February, and then put February's images on it for January. The icey wonderland was pretty. Silly me!

Now, I ordered a calendar for the kids, as well as for us, but we haven't seen them since last November for JB's birthday. I realized that we aren't doing 'Christmas' anytime soon.  Things weren't looking good, so I packed up their calendar and JB sent it priority post on Jan. 6th. We sent it priority (extra $), but in hindsight, we should have sent it regular mail. 
I hoped they would at least get it by February!!! I wonder if it is COVID cases that is slowing them down. Usually we get things to Ottawa faster than this via snail mail. It's a good lesson. 

Each day, Caitlin and I check the Canada Post tracking information. We'd text back and forth, reporting progress. Each day, Canada Post would add a day. Originally, it was to arrive Tuesday, Jan. 11th. They revised it... they just added a day at a time. You have to laugh. It could just be incompetence. It's 85 km into Ottawa, but we have no desire to go into the city, at this point. JB has a cancer treatment this month. We cannot risk it.


At first it was expected Jan. 11th. Next, they changed the 'expected delivery' date. Then they stopped giving a 'expected delivery'. I submitted a query a week ago, and Canada Post promised to look into it, asking me to give it until Jan. 31st. Suddenly, after the inquiry, it was found in Toronto on  Jan. 27th. 



Jan. 31st, Caitlin texted me, suddenly it was in Ottawa, and we had an 'expected delivery' date! It was Feb. 1st. When I looked again, it'd been delivered. 
The kids have a CPU, like this one, and Caitlin had to bundle up and go out, in between working, and visit the mailbox. She sent a photo, showing that it was up on the fridge! FINALLY!

 

                    📧📧📧📧📧📧📧📧📧📧📧📧

 

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm not a fan of winter rain!

Olga said...

Our mail has been unpredictable as well. Where have all the workers gone? Even when there is a lull in Covid cases, it has its effect on "normal."
The calendar is a great gift -- a reminder, no doubt, of the schooling and fun time they had with you.

William Kendall said...

What a headache!

Barbara Rogers said...

Sadly that's happened to me too...expectations after emails are often dashed. I decided to not stay home waiting for packages any more. When they come, they come. I trust my neighbors will keep an eye on them.

RedPat said...

I recently mailed a letter to a friend in England and it got there in 6 days which certainly surprised me.

Nancy J said...

Mail tracking, that is such a great innovation these days, down here, all things are seeming to take longer, HUGE gaps on the supermarket shelves, if you see an item you don't need but will use soon, get it now!!! Tomorrow it will not be there. And the prices keep on going up and up. So glad the calendar arrived at last. We have a heat wave right now, daily temps of anywhere between 27C and up to 31C in some places.

Anvilcloud said...

The Priority didn’t get much priority.

Gaelyn said...

Have to wonder about mail service. One of my calendars sent in early December just arrived a week ago, not international, but I no longer had the tracking code. I like your calendar shots.

eileeninmd said...

Happy February to you!
I love the cute snowman!
Take care, enjoy your day!

Ontario Wanderer said...

No comment for the "free dummies".

Cloudia said...

Yes postal workers and every other supply chain has been affected. Glad it arrived I'm wishing you well my friend

DeniseinVA said...

Love your header photo!!! Cute photos for the calendar. Our mail has slowed down also. Cards sent overseas several weeks before the 25th arrived two weeks later. Glad yours arrived. Must have felt good for you to see it on their fridge.

Lorrie said...

Mail delivery seems to take so very much longer these days. Out here first they blamed Covid, then the floods, and all. Tracking is such a good idea! So glad the parcel finally arrived.

Jeanie said...

I had to laugh, Jenn. We will see the kids this weekend for belated Christmas -- and one of my gifts is a calendar! Ah, well. The other 11 months will get their due.

Yes, stay healthy for JB's appointment. Sending all good wishes on that front.