Friday 18 February 2022

Birds galore!

🌨We are still in the midst of a storm, with 19mm rain that fell first in in a warm front (5 C.), and perhaps 20cm snow following that. The cold front is in (–12 C.) and I wonder if the snow sticks to it. I've a bit of shovelling to do and I will measure it later. The wind is still blowing, whipping the snow around. I'm going to enjoy my coffee! 

Ottawa has finally seen some police action, as well as snow. Two of the ring leaders were arrested last night, more followed, after police cordoned off the downtown area. They had police come in from other forces, there are 100 checkpoints, and you need a darn good reason to go in there. Financial accounts are frozen, which is the result of the Emergencies Act. The end is in sight.

🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫 🏫

This is a PD Day for the girls, a sleep in and no school, as well as it being Family Day on Monday. The kids will have fun on a 4-day weekend!

🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦🐦
The birds were busy in the sunshine. Enjoy!









The finch is very careful to look around, so is the chickadee. 

Lots of action!

8 comments:

Tom said...

...these are beautiful to see, I have fat squirrels galore!

Anvilcloud said...

I am encouraged by the progress being made in Ottawa.
I am also jealous of your bird photo ops.

RedPat said...

I love all of the birds that you are getting at your feeders!

Nancy J said...

I would call this an " Inside Day" !!! But the little birds are there to enjoy a feed and add colour.

eileeninmd said...

Yay for the birds, always nice to see a great variety at your feeders.
Take care, have a happy weekend!

William Kendall said...

I live within the secure zone. In fact there is a police checkpoint outside my building. It does feel like things are happening now.


The birds are a delight.

Red said...

That's some brutal weather.

Jeanie said...

You have so many fabulous birds at your feeders. Terrific photos. And three cheers for Ottawa!