Tuesday 22 February 2022

Another ⛄ SNOW DAY!

⛈ Freezing Rain Warning ☔ 

The kids around here must be happy/sad as it's a 'Snow Day' from here to Ottawa, but they'll miss their friends. They had a PD Day Friday, and Family Day holiday Monday. No school busses today, Tuesday, either!

They are happy back in school this term. It's actually a freezing rain warning here, you can see the snow to the north. My friend up in Timmins reports -21˚ C. but we went from 6 ˚ C. to - 8˚ C. It'll be fun seeing what happens. (NOT!) JB has gone into town for a walk, prior to the rainfall. 


🧩Entertainment

I've been having with with online games. Wordle is still available, but the URL is now clearly the NY Times. Access to all their games costs extra, $1.50/ week, but there are no signs of them charging for it, yet. With our Star Subscription, I get some Arkadium games. They have proven fun. The puzzle, however, is timed. Some of us have asked for a more relaxed time. They are quite responsive to issues. 


Mahjongg has been a good challenge. I think I'd have an easier time of it if I knew what the symbols represented and could name them. I am doing better at it. It's wonderful getting my mind off things.

🐾 No wonder I didn't get anything on this trail camera. It was pointed a bit high. Note to self... There were tons of fisher tracks here. I was looking for the deer antlers but never did find any. 

I haven't set out the cameras, and forgot about this video. Here is Tres, the cottontail.


Down in the forest, I'd spotted some fisher tracks, which is why I set it up there. First up, the deer. ♪♫♬ Doe, a deer!

   

 Next, first is a single coyote, and then two trotted along. 

 

10 comments:

Tom said...

..rain on the way here too, stay safe.

Anvilcloud said...

I don’t see the freezing rain yet. Fingers crossed.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
I love puzzles; I have jigsaws online, and various word puzzles for free... good to keep the brain exercised, even if the rest of me fails in that department! YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

Great to see your critters. And glad to see some of your temps are getting warmer, though freezing rain is no fun at all!

RedPat said...

I like doing puzzles too. It is a good distraction these days.

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

It's been very windy and rainy here of late. I've been playing Wordle too. I did a real jigsaw with my Grandson who is staying overnight because of half term. I've never played Mahjongg, might have to look into that.

William Kendall said...

The coyotes are a welcome sight to see.

Christine said...

Sorry about that weather.

Pradeep Nair said...

I too play Wordle. My latest post is on that. It's good fun!

Jeanie said...

I love wordle and hope it doesn't end up behind the pay wall. I suspect it will but hope not. And I have a mah jong solitaire I like too -- I try to play for speed and time myself. Once you are used to the characters, your eyes start to see them in pairs faster. Have fun on the snowday!