Monday 14 February 2022

These are trying times

 Saturday morning, Joseph Brian hustled to town to round up some breakfast for me. It gets the car going, in this cold, supports our local economy, as well. He goes in early to town, to escape the covidiots with protest flags. We're trying to be really good to one another. I ordered a 3-egg omelette for me, with peppers, spinach, tomatoes and toast. I also ordered a side order of sausages for JB. Unfortunately, they missed that part when I phoned. I felt so badly. I shared my tomatoes, at least. He cannot have dairy, yeast or eggs.

'Truck' Convoy ๐Ÿšš

The chaos out there just haunts us. They cleared the international bridge in Windsor, but occupiers are taking children there. It's much more than truckers, just racist, anarchist whack jobs. It was finally cleared out with lots of police: Windsor, RCMP, ERTs, as well.

There are no people blocking the US side, as they'd be arrested pretty fast. Our police are a little more measured. They ended up taking away 12 vehicles, as well as arresting 25 - 30 people.



If you know Ottawa, at Bank and Riverside, citizen have had enough and put out a blockade of their own. They prevented some of the protestors from getting right downtown, and were they pissed off! It must have felt so good to actually do something. One occupier dude was begging for gas from a cop. 
They are simply too many people downtown, with downtown hotels filled with occupiers. This Twitter drone video shows how it began, with 11 occupier trucks, and later the Ottawa traffic camera showed the thousands that showed up.


James Hutt had a glorious Twitter video, showing the counter protestors. Nine hours later, Dylan Penner is quite happy that they have removed all the hateful Nazi and racist symbols off the trucks, and made them discard their jerry cans of fuel, before they would let them move. Well done. 

There is another base camp in Embrun. It looks like a farmer's field. 
๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  ๐Ÿ˜ท  

Ontario is providing free rapid tests (RATs) for citzens. They are in drug stores, grocery stores, and CheapMart (you know who I mean). Although, CheapMart originally demanded customers spend $35 before they were free. That was swiftly overturned. These big box stores are awful.

๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น๐Ÿ“น

I sent JB out to fetch the camera for me. It was soaking wet, after 6mm rainfall. 

Pouring rain, Feb. 11th, apparently the trailcam was set properly for that. I have MANY videos of rain – in the dark. I have to laugh with self-deprecating snorts!  This is a screen shot. I turned it on, set the time, set it for instant capture – no delay (for mice friends and other small critters), set it to video, and thought all was well. This is video #51, all of them the same! The sound of rain...


Saturday was ridiculously warm, I went out to do some work. Another issue with my hand! That is three times, so I should be done!

Down at the gate, I dug it out in order to close it. It took me two tries. It make me feel safer. By then, it was a deep freeze. 


Funny Story

Sunday morning, I reheated my leftover brekkie from Saturday. It took two tries. I accidentally pulled 'a Josephine.' Lots of the time when they were doing virtual school with us, Josee would turn on the wrong burner to heat her soup. I did that, and saw smoke, as the dirty pan on the back burner had an unhappy time. 
⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄⛄

It is lovey that it is dawn when I put the garbage out. It's bad enough doing it at these temperatures, never mind in the dark! It's cooled off quite a bit.

๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’—๐Ÿ’˜Happy Valentine's Day! ๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’›

10 comments:

Tom said...

...covidiots, I like that!

Anvilcloud said...

I guess takeout breakfast works. I would have thought that of all the possible meals, it would be the most difficult to takeout and reheat etc.

Hopefully, this week will end the convoy nonsense.

Barbara Rogers said...

Happy Valentine's day to you and yours! Just like all the holidays are hyped up at stores to sell candy and flowers...but the real holiday still has meaning. Love one another!

William Kendall said...

I've watched a couple of clips of the ramblings of one of the chief covidiots. A way to know the enemy, I guess. First, he's really stupid. Second, he's definitely a white supremacist. And third, he openly talks about putting a bullet in Trudeau and his ministers.

This is why no politician should meet with these people.

Out To Pasture said...

I share your disgust of the covidiots, Jennifer. Roads should be forcibly unblocked immediately. And hefty fines! Not just wait until they get bored and go home. No one should be exempt from law and order. Good for the locals in making signs telling them to go home! (sigh)

Nancy J said...

We still have protestors camped out illegally, on the once was lawn, now a quagmire of mud, faeces, urine and absolute squalor.Parliament lawn, trucks still parked illegally, rain has not deterred the determined!!!Pity about the mistake with the breakfast order.And still very cool/ cold/ freezing!!!Take care Jenn, you do not need any more injuries, they take ages to heal in winter.

RedPat said...

That looks like quite a breakfast!

Lorrie said...

I am so fed up with those protestors, and frustrated with the inaction of our law enforcement. A measured response is good to a point, but when I think of how terrible it is for the residents, and for the economy - it makes my blood boil.

DeniseinVA said...

That breakfast looks delicious! Hopefully this convoy will be out of there soon.

Jeanie said...

The omelet looks great but sorry about the sausage. I absolutely do not understand the covidiots. And even more, the fascist bent that seems to be so prevalent. I'm sorry you have to experience this too.