Sunday 27 February 2022

Snowy, snowy day!

Well, Saturday was a fun day. I'll tell you all about it once I curate the photos. We had so much fun with the kids visiting, finally. 

Rabbit has been busy in the backyard. I love spotting their tracks in the snow. It's such a fun track, with their long back legs.

 We had a big snowstorm on Friday. What a mess. It snowed and snowed, with blowing winds. At one point it was so dark that the bears lit themselves up. They are on a timer that does this once it gets to dusk!


I tried for another window photo. Lots of snow!

The cats keep watching their cat TV. Those squirrels, we've three red squirrels!


I tried for video out front, but set it improperly, again. I had a series of 681 photos of this deer! 



I love watching them! mice friends   


The snow kept falling. We had a robin, as well as the cardinals and many chickadees.

 

snowy bird feeder from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

It's more than gently falling, the snow.

snowy day Feb.25 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I did the driveway, just before the storm ended, it snowed much of the day. We had about 11 cm, and it was a challenge. 

13 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello jenn,

What a pretty series of snowy images. Love the deer and cute mouse.
Thank you for your visit and comment.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Tom said...

...snowy and pretty.

Breathtaking said...

Hello Jenn, : Wow! Piles of snow everywhere, but in spite of the cold and the wind you have many visiting birds. Cute photo of your two kitties looking out of the window, I wonder what they are thinking! I like your bears, and what a fun way of lighting up outside. The little mouse had a good scamper around, but it didn't look as though it found anything to eat. The winter deer also have a hard time, but it's great to get them on camera, and know they visit you at night when they feel safe.
All the best.

Gaelyn said...

I could watch the birds all day on your CaTV. As long as I was inside warm and not outside with the blower. You are invincible.

Nancy J said...

That's heavy snow, and the birds perching on whatever little twig they can find, as always, the beautiful Red Cardinal stands out, but all the others have their place too. I am guessing you have double or triple glazed windows? Down here, all new homes built have to have double glazing, and in older homes, if a window needs to be replaced, and is a lower height from the floor, they do as well.It makes a huge difference.

DeniseinVA said...

I really love your snowy photos and videos. How lovely you had such a nice weekend. I look forward to reading all about it when you get everything organized :)

RedPat said...

I feel like the snow will never end this year!

William Kendall said...

Quite a snowfall!

Cloudia said...

Oh my goodness you are frontier woman!

Far Side of Fifty said...

A Robin!! I know how tiring it can be to move all that snow:(

Phil Slade said...

That snow doesn't seem to trouble you too much. I'm afraid that I would have to hibernate for a week or two face with so much snow and dark days.

Jeanie said...

Gotta love cat tv. We seem to have the Sparrow Channel. I wouldn't mind a little variety but there you have it!

David M. Gascoigne, said...

Rarely a night goes by without rabbits leaving fresh tracks in the snow in the backyard - and lots of other evidence too! By now Great Horned Owl often have young, or eggs are close to hatching, so these rabbits had better be careful!