Wednesday 23 February 2022

Things have been melty!

Monday, I went down to the wetland. It was WET! You can see the water glistening in the first photo, almost in the middle of the photo. The deer tracks show how deep they sunk down into the meltwater. 

 

Tuesday morning, the driveway was pretty decent. I knew it wouldn't last long, though.


This was Tuesday afternoon! Snow, ice rain, rain.


Tuesday was a wet one. The bird feeders dripped icicles. 
JB's bears are still up. They fell over twice in the wind in the past week. Baby bear is lit up, it just doesn't show it in the photo.


The deer were quite attentive to the trailcam, and she did a deer selfie. I tromped down in my snowshoes to fetch them.

Surprisingly, there were mice friends on the trail camera. They are a hoot.


Dinner was a crock pot full of chili. We had a TV dinner and watched The Repair Shop. Also, a show about buying rural properties in the UK, Escape to the Country. The scenery is amazing. 


The trees are drooping in the ice accretion this morning. They look so sad. Even the feeders drip. I went out before bedtime and it is scary.

We'll see what the day brings. The driveway and sidewalk are icy. We'll hope for the best today, here and around the world. I don't think we are going too far, today. School busses are cancelled in the region, too. Another 'Snow Day'! It's an ice day, but, like the 'beer run', you call it a familiar name!

15 comments:

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari Om
Oh, Escape To The Country... I had a never-ending stream of those in Edinburgh, that being one of dad's ab-fab shows; that and Homes Under The Hammer; three per show of folk spending small at auction and turning dumps into mansions and selling big. Or so they planned... YAM xx

Anvilcloud said...

Despite all of the ice melting off our windows, the roads are apparently bad enough to cancel the buses again today.

Tom said...

...snow can quickly come and quickly go!

William Kendall said...

It was a pretty messy day in the city yesterday. The deer are a delight to see.

Barbara Rogers said...

I've always liked how sun shines on icy drips on things...but you apparently didn't have any sun. Hope all is safe! I just saw a robin out my window...spring is definitely on its way

Angie said...

Jenn - ice is much scarier than snow! And I worry for the trees losing branches. Those mice are a hoot. Maybe I will put my trail cam under my feeders and see what I get! Stay warm and dry!

Lorrie said...

Weather is always changing, isn't it? Winter is giving us another blast out here - chilly temps, but sunny, and I love it! I enjoy watching Escape to the Country sometimes. The English countryside is very picturesque, and some of the homes have delightful character. I like that not everything is brand shiny new and styled to perfection the way shows in North America are.

Nancy J said...

Snow Day, Beer Run, or just plain " Stay at home". Loved the deer selfie, and icicles hanging in such a pretty arrangement.

DrumMajor said...

Be careful if you're walking on ice. Those slip-on cleats from L.L.Bean are nice. We wouldn't want our Jennifer's Jolly Wildlife Producer to get hurt. The mice are funny. Never thought about them eating dropped bird seed. Linda in Kansas

RedPat said...

Ice storms are the worst. We escaped with just rain and now most of the snow has melted except for the hard stuff along the edges of roadways. We watch Escape To The Country all the time. It is actually on right now - love seeing the old homes.

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I love your deer. Amazing that they are attentive to the camera.
We are below freezing here, so nothing is melting. It'll warm up soon though.

Red said...

I hate rain and ice in the winter. I'm getting a pair of cleats.

The Furry Gnome said...

Hope you're not iced out!

DeniseinVA said...

Loved the videos and all your photos. Fascinating to see the icicles. Enjoyed all tremendously :)

Lowcarb team member said...

A crock pot full of chili is definitely delicious :)

All the best Jan