Sunday 20 February 2022

Snow

 Yes, another snowstorm. Two days in a row, and more today, is a bit tedious. I knew, when I went to the bathroom, and saw the window with snow on the ledge, that we'd had more snow! I had fun collecting the snow, and melting it for data: 28 cm in a couple of days. If it had fallen as rain, it would have been 28 mm of water. 




I surveyed the damage outside, front and back. The squirrels had already been on the front deck, looking for food.


Still cloudy and the wind was whipping the snow off the trees.

They are still removing trucks, vehicles, as well as debris, from the occupation in Ottawa. It was deliberate, slow, and methodical. I watched them move in with great glee. The highlight was the TV crew noticing a woman with a pigeon on her head! She is a bit of a hippy, with her pet dove. She spoke to someone on air. 


Once I saw the clouds moving off, I went outdoors. The blue skies were amazin!

While I was working, the snow clouds would move in, but finally they moved off. Once done, I did just a bit of the back deck. I shall have to do the rest today, as when it melts it will be heavy on the deck. JB went on a beer run for me, and I put the bottle in the snow to get it cold.



The snow banks are getting higher, but I found the sidewalk. A new day dawns.

9 comments:

Tom said...

...you received a lot more that we did!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
So pretty - but messy and cold! Meanwhile, here, it just remains wet, wet, wet... YAM xx

Barbara Rogers said...

A good bit of shoveling/clearing you did...you definitely deserve that beer! So glad the mess from trucks/drivers is being worked out. That hippy lady with the bird must have been fun to interview, the opinion of the woman who doesn't represent the average person.

Red said...

Your place is beautiful with the fresh new snow.

Nancy J said...

The blue sky is beautiful, and a beer for yourself, that's so funny, I had always thought you might be the " Glass of wine please" type of gal!!! Go easy on all that shovelling.

RedPat said...

So much shoveling and here there is no where else to put it.

Cloudia said...

Burr! My pineapple blood couldn't handle it. Jenn

William Kendall said...

We're certainly getting a good deal of snow.

Jeanie said...

I know you always get more snow than we do, but wow! You've had a lot this year.