Saturday 26 February 2022

Saturday's Critters

Our critters have been limited. The walking is just awful, with a frozen layer of ice on top. I have to be content with birds and mice friends, and our strange visitor, Oregano.

I'm having trouble with this trail camera. Of course, it is -20 ˚ C. this morning, and I don't want to be fiddling around with it! I was a bit tired after doing the driveway. The blowing snow was awful, and there were lots of drifts. I had dozens of videos of the birds. The mourning dove is a favourite.

This is so much fun! I've hung a feeder at the back door. The icicles from the upper deck are a bit daunting. I am glad I shovelled the deck last week. We had knee-deep snow on it. The rain did its thing.



Under the feeder there has been some traffic. The deer mice have been happy. They are ubiquitous. Here is one from the summer!


On the Facebook group for trailcameras, people give all these instructions on locking up the cameras, how to camouflage their cameras, or how to mount their cameras. This one, I just put it on the ground outside my back door!

Mice friends were slipping around under the feeder.
We know what Oregano is after! The poor mice on a slab of ice.

  

Oregano and the mice: he was there 21:43, and the mice showed up at 22:35. 


There hasn't been much action on the front deck. The cats were let out early. Nutmeg and Cinnamon didn't last too long outside. Again, I just popped it on the deck.

 

 Then, Feb. 24th, feral (?) Oregano showed up. I'm having trouble remembering to redo the time and date stamps. This is Oregano out back. He was out front, too.

   

 

We had our largest group of deer Friday. There were 17!

 

For more critters: visit Eileen at Saturday's Critters # 428!
Saturday's Critters # 428


12 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The mouse is so cute. Sweet captures of your kitties.
The deer are always a favorite of mine.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, have a happy weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Tom said...

...you sure have a gathering of deers.

Barbara Rogers said...

Ah, from deer mice to deer...with Oregano in between!

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

How lovely, seeing all those deer. Cute mouse.

Mae Travels said...

The mice are cute! Hunter cats seem ok until they go after songbirds, which is inevitable.


best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

RedPat said...

17 deer!! That is amazing.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You've sure had the bitter cold temps this winter! Hope things get milder soon. I always love seeing how many deer you have there!

Nancy J said...

A herd of deer, a mice that needs better footwear so he can skid across the ice easily, Oregano, you are a beauty, and all else looking good , still mighty cold.Hope you are both well and safe and warmXXX

William Kendall said...

Wonderful videos.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Liked the one where the mice appeared after Oregano’s prowl. Maybe one watched and signalled others when the coast was clear.

Cloudia said...

Better you than me kid! We really enjoyed the footage

Jeanie said...

Snow I can cope with. Ice makes me crazy. Take care out there!