Tuesday 15 February 2022

Henry, You Two, our deer friends

Here we are. A new day dawns. The sun was lovely, yesterday. 


I had a special delivery yesterday. Plus a really cute card!

As I was writing this, I heard a loud plane overhead. Still dark, Flight Radar was my best option. At first, there was no call sign. I rewound the radar timeline, and found out where it came from. I was really loud, even at 25,000'!


🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌

I didn't mean to post these videos today, but you know how things go. I uploaded them last night, and it defaults to 'public' unless I change it to private until I am ready to post about them.  I konked out and went to bed early, forgetting what I had done. Ain't old age grand?! 

Someone commented on a couple of them, it doesn't happen often with Vimeo, with a lower profile than uTube. I don't get the awful spam and vulgar comments either. That is a bonus.

First up: dear aleaping. They are so quick, and leap so high.


There was partial success at the new location for the trailcams. There are two there. The other one missed any action, including bunnies. I could see tracks. 



No porcupines, despite the evidence of activity, but I did find You Two! I've left them there for two days, and must go check them today. deer in the forest :

 


You Two are happy in the front yard. Bird seed, when it is -20, is acceptable! Our feed supplier told us that a lot of people are feeding deer. They went through an actual ton of feed in one day on Saturday. front yard deer  

 


King Henry still has his antlers.  Henry the buck:  

 

Just as I was putting this together, JB called me to the window. Henry has lost one antler. I guess it's snowshoe time. I first look for small spots of blood, which gives me a trail to follow. They tend to follow heavily trodden paths, the snow is too difficult to walk on otherwise. It takes a lot of energy. I have a plan for today!

14 comments:

Tom said...

..."You're my butter half" is cute!

Olga said...

Deer can do impressive jumps. So many visit your place!

William Kendall said...

Hopefully you find that antler.

RedPat said...

I wonder how Henry feels when they have fallen off? A bit insecure?

Mae Travels said...

Your Valentine's Day looks like it was lovely. Pretty flowers.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Anvilcloud said...

I hope you find it.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Henry, uncrowned... &*> YAM xx

Nancy J said...

You need a small motorised skidoo!!! Just think, you and JB could take turns to travel so easily, love those leaping deer.And one antler gone, you will find it when t he snow melas maybe, or when it freezes so hard you can crunch over the solid top.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty flowers! Love your sweet deer!
Have a great day!

Elephant's Child said...

The deer are completely enchanting. And, as we swelter in our sweaty season, the snow looks pretty good too.

Latane Barton said...

Your videos of the deer was fun to watch. Hope your week continues to be a great one and filled with fun. Hugs.

Christine said...

Glad you were celebrated on Valentine's!

DrumMajor said...

These are so interesting to watch. Wonder what scared the deer into leaping? They ARE looking well fed. They may wander into town directly to the feed store! Linda in Kansas

Jeanie said...

Love your special flowers. And the deer are lovely -- they look healthy!