Wednesday 9 February 2022

Oregano has been busy!

But first (Caitlin looked it up), our oak tree still has leaves on the trees, as always. It's called Marcescence, where the oak leaves hang on until winter. Beech trees do this, as well. Neato! She is such a good scientist (M.Sc.)!

๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ๐Ÿ’ฐ

๐Ÿ’ฐAnd, secondly, I spent an hour on the phone, waiting for help from the government. I was supposed to get Canada Pension Plan (CPP) and Old Age Security (OAS) in January. My pension is reduced in anticipation of this, whether I get CPP or not. I received the paperwork for it a year ago, Feb., 2021. Sending it off, we were reviewing our income to determine whether we will gain or lose. The OAS was deposited in my account, but the CPP was not. The woman I finally spoke to helped me check into it,     "Thank you for your patience," she said. 

            "Oh, that ship's sailed," I replied with a snort. I was getting more and more upset and frustrated. I ended up registering to receive it online, but it could take at least a month, I was told. Between that, and our tax woes [Canada Revenue Agency๐Ÿ˜“], it just haunts me. OK, enough venting! Thanks for listening.  

๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ๐Ÿฆ

Thirdly, I've been having fun escaping it all with Angry Birds! Popeye, the sailor man has been featured. Do you remember him? When I was a kid, I called him POP-EYE-A! I must have read comics and didn't know how to pronounce it. I feel fondness when I see his weird image!



๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ๐Ÿ˜ผ

 ๐Ÿ˜ผOregano (yes, finally!)

It was a massive fail Monday on the trailcams. I'm trying to laugh about it. It takes time to curate the videos, so these date prior to that (Jan. 6th). My new super duper camera, I finally figured out, defaults to factory settings when I take out the memory card and/or turn it off. That has been a lesson. One I keep forgetting, too! ๐Ÿ˜ฃ 

He is a busy boy, Oregano. Not fixed (his boy bits hang low๐Ÿ˜›), he is on the move. I call him feral, he knows he shouldn't be here, but he is looking well-fed. Mind you, the coyotes survive on mice friends, I suppose he can, too. I tried to find an owner during our last snowfall in 2021. [Monday, Mar. 1st; during a storm. I tracked him the next day.] I tracked him, contacted the owner of that house, but it wasn't his!

I pieced it together, I think, since I can never get the trailcam times to be accurate. I think he began at the front, and went around to the back, hoofing it over the knee-deep snow, but I will never know! 

Oregano on the front deck:

    

This is the new camera, and the power didn't kick in in the dark. Really disappointing. This is Oregano on the driveway:

And out the back door. He leaped up onto the snow bank:

11 comments:

Tom said...

...in addition to oaks, sugar maples and beech can hold on to some of their leaves through the winter.

RedPat said...

Oregano needs a gps collar.

Nancy J said...

Oregano must be having a meal somewhere for sure, he is a busy boy and not skinny like a lot of " intact" stray male cats who spend all their days and nights searching for the right female friend. A LOT of snow!!!

Anvilcloud said...

Oregano adds a little spice to your life.

DrumMajor said...

His tail looks like a raccoon's! Linda in Kansas

Cloudia said...

Thanks for keeping your patience with the workers

William Kendall said...

He's in good shape.

Mae Travels said...

Dealing with bureaucrats like you describe must be incredibly frustrating. Our Social Security Admin has a terrible reputation, but when we messed up a deadline and went to their office to try to remedy our mistake, an excellent worker straightened things out in a very short time and sent us on our way. I hope your details are all taken care of.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Lorrie said...

Dealing with our federal government is such a pain. They make it so very difficult.
Oregano looks well-fed and content.

Olga said...

I just learned the word marcescence yesterday -- reading The Overstory by Richard Powers. (A book I am loving, BTW)

Jeanie said...

Don't even start me with dealing with beaurucrats! I keep messing up my SS online PW and trying to straighten things out is like passing an act of congress. That Oregano gets around -- definitely eating well! (That's a great name!)