Tuesday 8 February 2022

More comfortable birding!

I'm having great fun photographing out through the bay window. The tripod makes all the difference.


King Henry is still the boss. He still has both antlers, as well. They should drop soon, he'll grow a new set come spring. I shall look forward to that! 

I love seeing the velvet on them.


I use a syphon to drain the birdbath of stale water, then fill it with snow. The heater melts it and I don't have to carry a container from inside the house. 


The birds are thirsty!


I tried to capture the chickadees close up. The other birds are quite fearful. Not the blessed chickadees!


We have 38cm snow cover. That's deep enough to stick the metre stick in!

I set up the trailcam to face the driveway. Of course, the coyote has chosen not to visit at this time. I did capture myself taking out the garbage, Monday morning!

Our regular visitors, our deer friends. 
 

In the back, the cottontail uses it as a pathway. This is where I haul in wood for the fireplace.
 


11 comments:

Tom said...

...here it's been too cold to stand outside with a camera!

Olga said...

You have such a nice variety of visitors.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
What a lovely series of images... yeah, a tripod is a useful thing! YAM xx

William Kendall said...

Your feeders are quite busy.

Anvilcloud said...

that is actually a pretty good capture of your taking out the garbage. The light worked well. Taking out the garbage is part of life.

RedPat said...

You certainly have a busy place. I saw bunny prints in the snow while out for a walk yesterday and thought of your bunnies.

The Furry Gnome said...

At least you have birds out your bay window. We have none this year.

Cloudia said...

Thank you dear friend for sharing your beautiful world with me

Lorrie said...

I should use my tripod more. Your photos are great, so clear.

Jeanie said...

I'm glad to see King Henry again! I wish I'd washed my windows better before winter!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

Hmm, I need a tripod especially for the cardinals and other birds who don't stay in place very long.
With my trail cam I captured a neighborhood cat with a bird in its mouth. Darn it!!