Saturday 15 October 2022

Saturday's Critters

The preparation for the meeting wore me out (see yesterday's post). I relaxed Friday by watching the Public Hearings on the federal government's  actions during the occupation of Ottawa. Seriously! I haven't been in a room packed with people in years, but it had to be done. 

The trailcams are getting busy. I'm down to two working ones. The penultimate one was a dud. I bought it from Cabela's, and it doesn't get good reviews. I returned the first one, it worked for awhile, then it konked out. I didn't have the energy to focus and should have been on top of it. I even reviewed it! Don't buy one. The electronics seem a tad complicated, although it seemed a good idea at the time. 

SPYPOINT® SOLAR-DARK

This video camera is really poor quality. You win, you lose. I am discouraged with the quality of some I've had over the years. It is still joyful seeing the critters in motion. 

Browning® Dark Ops

 

fisher from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Butch is getting fatter to tide her over the winter. They don't truly hibernate, but do sleep in depths of the cold, cold winter. Food is scarce. 

 

Butch from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

I haven't seen a skunk in ages!

  
The fawn did a little bit of crazy weird! I don't know if it is hormones or just sensing the changes in season. Tigger used to bop around like that. He was a character.

 

fawn part 1 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

He kept on going!

 

Fawn part 2 from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Thanks to Eileen for hosting:

Saturday's Critters # 461


17 comments:

Tom said...

...I like your golden "carpeting!"

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Loved the critter videos. It is neat seeing the fisher, they would be a new critter for me. The deer are always favorites. BTW, your laugh is contagious.
Thank you for linking up and sharing your post. Take care, enjoy your weekend. PS, thank you for leaving me a comment.

Barbara Rogers said...

That skunk was mostly tail! Poor little fawn, I wonder that his wild antics were not for fun but some kind of neurological misfiring - at least not rabies!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love watching your videos and appreciate your reviews. It's good to hear what they are really like from someone who's used them. Thanks!

RedPat said...

The critters can help keep your mind off any issues hopefully.

Jeanie said...

Fisher was beautiful in those leaves -- great color. I couldn't figure out what that big thing was in his mouth at the end but he seemed satisfied!

Elephant's Child said...

Your critters are a joy. World wide.

Shiju Sugunan said...

Good that you reviewed, your opinions about trail cams would be most credible. Loved watching the videos.

William Kendall said...

The skunk is a sight to see.

DrumMajor said...

Deer got the zoomies! Linda in Kansas

Cloudia said...

A crowded room means that everyone cares! You are not alone. Keep enjoying your beautiful home and please take care of yourself. Jenn

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I know I'll never catch up, after the trial took up so much of October, but I have been reading about your gun club situation. It isn't just noise that travels. Bullets do too. And, as always, I love the critter videos. LOVE the fawn.




Breathtaking said...

Hello Jenn :=)

I wonder, did you all wear masks at the conference? I always enjoy seeing what your trailcams have videoed during the night. I also thought the young fawn could have been stung or bitten by some kind of insect.Lovely to watch both of them.
All the best.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
fabulous fun viewing - despite tech issues, you always entertain us with your vid clips! YAM xx

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i was out leaf blowing ...and caught a smell of a skunk and i wonder if they are close. don't wanna mess with one ever. no fun. neat to see at a faraway view, nothing close please. lol!! ( :

Anvilcloud said...

Much action for the cameras.

carol l mckenna said...

Wow! ~ Didn't realize how big fisher cats are ~ and the deer are always a delight to see but never saw this 'romping' behavior ~ intriguing post always ~ Xo

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)