Sunday 30 October 2022

Morning walkies

 No, not me! Joseph Brian usually walks in town in the morning. He took his camera – and look what he found! These are from Friday morning.


It turned out to be a frosty foggy day. Water has temperature inertia, and takes longer to lower its temperatures. With the sudden - 4 C. morning, it was the perfect time for fog.










Then, Saturday morning! It's not bad for a little pocket camera.





Just on the ground was a heron. Our heron rookeries we can see from the highway have been deserted. I haven't seen any flying, but this one was right by the river.  It took off in the time it took JB to get his camera turned on!

🍁Fall Cleanup

I finished off cleaning the eavestrough, chopped off some of the dead plants, mulched more leaves. I am endlessly sweeping out the garage, what with the blowing leaves. All of the hanging baskets are done. I've set them in the garden, until I figure out what I'll do with them. 

I still have to figure out how to prepare the canna lily for winter. I think I have to dry it and put it in a paper bag in the basement. I have deferred that project, although I've dug it up for winter. In the back ground, I've cut down the catnip. I should have brought some in and dried it for the cats. Maybe today!

Have yourself a fine day, if you can. 


 

21 comments:

Jeanie said...

Those frosty photos are beyond gorgeous. Magical, like Narnia or Avalon or something. Three cheers on your fall clean-up, too! Well done!

Tom said...

...a beautiful time of day.

RedPat said...

Those are beautiful shots of a fine walk.

Anvilcloud said...

JB had a good morning or two.

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
I say, bravo JB!!! YAM xx

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful post

eileeninmd said...

What a beautiful walk. The foggy and frosty scenes look lovely.
Take care, enjoy your day! Have a wonderful week!

DUTA said...

Amazing header and photos! JB is a skillful photographer!

Christine said...

Lovely fall photos

Phil Slade said...

Is that your first frost? I don't want any here but on the other hand it's preferable to the wind and rain.

Gaelyn said...

Love that foggy look! Nice job JB.

Barbara Rogers said...

I love the capture of wings of the heron as it took off. Great photos of frosty morning. Have a good Sunday, I'm going to a second Samhain celebration in a couple of hours...the Celtic new year's eve party!

Elephant's Child said...

I love that early morning magic. Thank you both.

Marco Luijken said...

Hello Jennifer,
Fantastic pictures.
It's always nice to see the landscapes on a cold morning at the start of a new day. These pictures shows wonderful results to come out of bed early...hihi..!! Very nice!!

Many greetings,
Marco

https://linsartyblobs.blogspot.com said...

Lovely photos.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful and peaceful.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i enjoy the fall work but i am usually about this time thinking hey now leaves work with me. i love it when the wind takes them away ...instead of rolling into the garage floor. lol. we keep seeing coyotes ...do u see those? ( ;

Ontario Wanderer said...

Lost all of my Canna Lilies a few years ago when I forgot to dig them up. I've not bothered to replace them.

Red said...

Joseph Brian, has a very good eye. Great photos.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

The photos are phenomenal. I love the fog and the frosty weeds/grasses. Simply amazing. I brought my catnip in bnut not sure either cat will want any.

Divers and Sundry said...

Those fog photos have such atmosphere!