Thursday 20 October 2022

Snow storms, power outages,

 What weather! Our friends in Muskoka, in central Ontario, had power outages, and snow! Lots of people were without power overnight, about 1500 households. Its hovering near zero overnight. 

 

The blue is snow, dark green rain. The rain skipped us, for the most part. 
 

The catalpa leaves are blowing off. Many have blown right over the house to the back deck. The power of nature... The leaves are huge and will need to be mulched. It is an amazing tree.

When the leaves fall, all will be revealed. I found another hornet's nest (top arrow). It's fallen apart. The lower arrow points to a red-eyed vireo nest! A bit too close for comfort? 

A giggle: across the pond, a UK journalist writes this: 

"My son has lived through four chancellors, three home secretaries, two prime ministers and two monarchs. 
He's four months old." 

This was the day before Truss resigned. That is a hoot, sort of. All any constituents want is stability, stable government, and trust that there is a plan.

Meanwhile at home, I've been watching the hearings over the horrific truck convoy occupation in Ottawa, just to take my mind off things. My friends in Ottawa suffered so much from verbal and physical attacks, a fire in an apartment foyer, racism, public urination and defecation, the noise of the horns 24/7, the smell of diesel fumes as trucks ran all night.  

I went downstairs and watched the live stream while I worked out. Carefully propping my laptop on the machine, it kept me occupied. The backbiting on the part of those involved, the lack of transparency, and the poor leadership was shocking.

I looked out front and noticed a lump of dirt. Needing some fresh air, out I went to figure it out. Someone had noticed the action. This is cat TV at its finest.

A pile of dirt with a hole. It was a big pile of dirt.

After coming back in, all was revealed! I thought this is who it could be. 

chipmunk from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

10 comments:

William Kendall said...

That's one busy chipmunk!

Barbara Rogers said...

Serious chipmunk must have seen the weather report! Those reports from your awful experience with truckers is much like ours for Jan 6. I'm glad someone is finally trying to see how to handle it, in case someone else thinks of doing something like that again.

Rain said...

Chipmunk - guilty lol!!! I'm so grateful that I don't hear much at all except nature outside my window!

Yogi♪♪♪ said...

I guess I feel better about the low temps here on the gulf coast during our beach vacation!!

I hope some good comes from those hearings. I thought it was just amazing that it happened in Canada.

Anvilcloud said...

That is form one little chipmunk? 🙀

RedPat said...

That is an ambitious chipmunk.

DUTA said...

Things are deteriorating everywhere, so don't expect much of the hearings.
As for the UK -the son of indian migrants - Richi Sounak, from the Tory party)
has a good chance of becoming Prime minister . His wife is the daughter of an indian billionaire. It's going to be interesting, considering the colonialistic background of England in India.

Kay said...

OH MY GOSH! What a digger chipmunk! No wonder the chipmunks were able to destabilize our concrete walkway in Illinois.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I'll let others comment on the chipmunk. I was laughing at the 4 month old child who was once again seeing change occur in the UK. Truss didn't last long enough to even hang her own drapes! She barely had time to measure them.

Divers and Sundry said...

The chipmunks are such scurrying fun to watch, but I've had to do some work to keep them out of the bird feeders.

We having drought and unseasonably warm weather with highs in the 80s!