Tuesday 11 October 2022

Trees, fall leaves...

 The poor dead pine tree. 

I think this looks spooky! Pareidolia 

I thought I'd explain my pooter! It looks a bit weird, but it works. We've invasive aggressive lady beetles, unlike the native ones.



The colours continue to astound!

We're losing lots in the backyard.


The goldfish pond is so quiet! The froggies are sleeping. We're expecting rain Thursday, which will fill it up.

I saw two snakes on my walk to fetch the trailcam memory cards. The ribbon snake is so pretty. It was about 60 cm! The photo isn't great, but the second is from my archive.


We've lots of snakes preparing for winter. They will find a hibernaculum, underground, where they can stay warm, or at least not freeze during winter.



I met Clover on my walk.

 

clover in forest from Jennifer Jilks on Vimeo.

Tonight is the big meeting regarding the proposed gun club. My speech has been written and revised. Despite being somewhat agoraphobic, this has to be done. After the meeting 'staff,' AKA the Planner, will get back to all of the councillors and recommend it or not. Then there will be another public meeting. sigh. 

17 comments:

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful Autumn colors. I light that cute snake.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Crafty Green Poet said...

Beautiful autumn colours and a lovely video of Clover.

Tom said...

...enjoy all of your beautiful colors while they last.

Patio Postcards said...

Thanks for the ladybug description ... seems we get a lot of invaders, the worse being the Emerald Ash Borer.

Olga said...

That spooky tree is its own Halloween decoration.
Good luck at the meeting. I have been through a few of those!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful fall colours!

Yamini MacLean said...

Hari OM
Oh those colours... Been far too wet here so our leaves are just going all shades of dun. All the best for the meeting. YAM xx

Nancy J said...

The meeting, I hope your speech is listened to with some seriousness, and the word " Agoraphobic" I confess I had to Google it, thinking I had a fairly good command of the English language. Not so, well done to be well prepared. Golden, orange and yellow leaves, all beautiful as nature prepares for winter.

Elephant's Child said...

Love, love, love those colours.
Good luck at the meeting. I really hope you get the decision you want.

RedPat said...

Great colours. I hope the meeting goes your way.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your Autumn colours are beautiful, keep enjoying them.
Eddie and I went out earlier today and the colours in the trees were so beautiful, nature certainly can (and does) lift the spirit :)

All the best Jan

Ontario Wanderer said...

Neat "Pooter"! Think I need to make one . . .

Red said...

You have some very brilliant fall colors.

Tanza Erlambang said...

aww... I never touched snake like you did... scary...

Autumn is lovely season... beautiful.

Anvilcloud said...

You can see colour without going anywhere.

Jeanie said...

BUmmer about the Asian ladybugs. I think we have those periodically too tough I haven't seen them lately. They're not nice. (And slightly more orange than red, if I'm thinking the same ones.)

Divers and Sundry said...

Lovely color! Greet your snakes for me :) It's nice to see someone not freak out at the sight of them lol